Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

Wanted: 2008 Porsche GT2

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
If you drive the car on the track it isn't the same. I don't know about your wife, but mine would compare the color between the TT & the GT2. In fact I wouldn't take most peoples opinion b/c regardless of what they drive, their opinion would mean shit to me. They aren't car-passionate anyways or they love garage queens. It's like saying a Scud is too much or a ZR1 I could do better if I s/c'd a C6...yada yada...

Everyone says the market is atrocious, yet the cars aren't going out the doors in the $150's, every car that was posted here is asking a close price, I assume based on options & mileage.

As far as the TT/GT2, are you talking 997 or your 996?

Old 02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lager99
If you drive the car on the track it isn't the same. I don't know about your wife, but mine would compare the color between the TT & the GT2. In fact I wouldn't take most peoples opinion b/c regardless of what they drive, their opinion would mean shit to me. They aren't car-passionate anyways or they love garage queens. It's like saying a Scud is too much or a ZR1 I could do better if I s/c'd a C6...yada yada...
She knew very well why we got rid of that perfectly fine Turbo, because I hated PSM. I couldn't stand it, I hated the AWD. The car practically drove itself. And yes, she also drove the TT on the track as well.

Everyone says the market is atrocious, yet the cars aren't going out the doors in the $150's, every car that was posted here is asking a close price, I assume based on options & mileage.

As far as the TT/GT2, are you talking 997 or your 996?
I am talking about the 996. The GT2 was overpriced at 200K, that's why they only sold 300 of them in the US for the entire run.

If it was priced at 150K, a lot more people would have gotten them and tracked them.

As far as the secondary market of the 997. I predict that it will follow the trend of the 996 GT2, which is, in a few years they will be worth about 85 to 90K. If that aint atrocious depreciation, I don't know what is.

Especially compares to the GT3 depreciation.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
She knew very well why we got rid of that perfectly fine Turbo, because I hated PSM. I couldn't stand it, I hated the AWD. The car practically drove itself. And yes, she also drove the TT on the track as well.

I am talking about the 996. The GT2 was overpriced at 200K, that's why they only sold 300 of them in the US for the entire run.

If it was priced at 150K, a lot more people would have gotten them and tracked them.

As far as the secondary market of the 997. I predict that it will follow the trend of the 996 GT2, which is, in a few years they will be worth about 85 to 90K. If that aint atrocious depreciation, I don't know what is.

Especially compares to the GT3 depreciation.
Why are we having this conversation? What does it have to do with the 996 & your wife's comparison? Lets stick to what the original poster is looking for maybe...

A lot more people would have bought? There was no more production so how would they do that?

Gimme your crystal ball, I will use it for the stock market instead...

Old 02-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Why are we having this conversation? What does it have to do with the 996 & your wife's comparison? Lets stick to what the original poster is looking for maybe...

A lot more people would have bought? There was no more production so how would they do that?

Gimme your crystal ball, I will use it for the stock market instead...
There is no need to get hostile.

The poster is saying the current price is too high, and that's why they are not moving. I happen to agree, and I gave my reasoning, which is that to the general market, this car is being looked at as a more expensive Turbo.

I posted my thoughts on the subject because I have a 996, and thought about getting a 997.

No more production, exactly. Because it's not a money maker. The secondary market doesn't think it's worth it, and that's the problem.

During the boom times, they only sold 300 996 GT2's, that's 25 cars a month or the entire production run. On a car that was not meant to be a limited production car.