Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

Wanted: 2008 Porsche GT2

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
george3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Tomas-
You are one incredible guy. I appreciate all your efforts. I did call most of the dealers\... probably left out some of the west coast dealers for now, and they are all in the same boat -- pricewise. I even spoke with the owner of The Porsche Exchange at length yesterday. I think the DJIA needs another -1000 point day or two to wake these folks up. I'll keep you posted, my friend!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Anytime George!

Did you speak to Porsche of Santa Barbara about the 182k one?
What did Fox Valley in IL have to say about their 179k one?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot believe these dealers continue to think they can get these prices on a car that is overpriced from the get-go in a severely contracted economic environment...hilarious

Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe how many GT2s are on the market right now...

Old 02-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
George if you do come to Boston to look at the one at Herb Chambers let me know I live 30 mins from it and I know people in high places that may give you a little more of a discount there. That had that GT2 when it first came in at $300k!!! Herb also owns a 959 in the same showroom. Nothing better then seeing them next to eachother

Old 02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
george3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to all
Tomas-
Some of the Gt2's did not have the sport buckets, which I must have.

JonA85-
The Herb Chambers car does not have the sport buckets.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
I cannot believe these dealers continue to think they can get these prices on a car that is overpriced from the get-go in a severely contracted economic environment...hilarious
I am to this day scratching my head about how my GT2 could have ever been worth 200K. The sad thing is the first owner paid over sticker.

Porsche should have priced it at 150K base MSRP, they would have sold a lot more GT2, and these cars would not have been killed in the secondary market like they have been.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by george3
JonA85-
The Herb Chambers car does not have the sport buckets.
Oh yeah, sorry about that. If you change your mind let me know.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Why does everyone compare it to the TT? It feels nothing the same. The TT is a nice lazy car, nothing wrong with that, but poor comparison.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lager99
Why does everyone compare it to the TT? It feels nothing the same. The TT is a nice lazy car, nothing wrong with that, but poor comparison.
I had a TT, and even my wife compares it to our TT from before.

Her comments after driving it was that it rode harder and is slightly faster.

The thing that people can't get away from is that the GT2 is a decontented Turbo. They take out the AWD drive train, they put in beefier components, and took out sound deadening.

The car should have been priced at 150K new. Don't you agree that at 150K new, the GT2's secondary market wouldn't look so atrocious as it has been since the days of 996?

Quick Reply: Wanted: 2008 Porsche GT2