Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

Wanted: 2008 Porsche GT2

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by george3
Any of you guys care to take guess at what a good buy price would be today?

Thanks!
150k, not a penny more. It's a de-contented turbo and suffers horribly in resale.

If I wanted one (and I don't), I'd find a used tt, convert it to 2 wheel drive, remove the sound deadening stuff and do a 700 hp kit and kill any GT2.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
Black is the best color for the GT2 imho.
let me correct you with black wheels.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
let me correct you with black wheels.
Yellow FTW!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
150k, not a penny more. It's a de-contented turbo and suffers horribly in resale.
Totally. Porsche continues to price the GT2 wrong. It should be MSRP at 150K. The secondary market agrees with me. And yes, boy am I glad I leased this thing instead of buying it brand new.

If I wanted one (and I don't), I'd find a used tt, convert it to 2 wheel drive, remove the sound deadening stuff and do a 700 hp kit and kill any GT2.
I looked into this, the money it takes to do an RWD conversion proprely makes it not worth while. At least not when 996 GT2's are in the 85K range.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Damn brother! You did that guy a serious solid there. You deserve a commission. I may buy the red one myself!
Dana don't tease us like you did with the Scuderia

Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
george3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to all
Again . . . thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Originally Posted by fastgreek
welcome neighbor, see if knopf can get you one,or maybe in philly
fastgreek- Thanks, neighbor. The guys at Knopf are great, but they aren't clued-in as far as GT2's are concerned. BTW, your name Gus?

It stands to reason that a low mile '08 GT2 would be worth about $150K in this economy. I just heard today that GM plans to lay off 42,000 workers and close 5 plants. Not a typo.

The problem is, all the dealers seem to be hovering at just under $200K as their "selling" price. ~190K.
Get real. I tell them they're not plugged into their market and really need to go on some of the boards to hear what the public -- their customers -- are saying.
(I would mention 2 forums that I know for sure, but I think that's a no-no out of respect for TS)

The GT2 cars are only going DOWN in value and will continue to do so throught the year. I'll sit tight until the right car/price comes along... albeit, I'll still keep looking.

Last edited by george3; 02-17-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
George, just sit tight like you said, you'll get one in the 150k in no time.
Did you try calling a few of the places I suggested? what was their response?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
george3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to allgeorge3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
George, just sit tight like you said, you'll get one in the 150k in no time.
Did you try calling a few of the places I suggested? what was their response?
Tomas -
I did, but no luck. They liked their cars so much, that they will keep them until the market gets better.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by george3
The GT2 cars are only going DOWN in value and will continue to do so throught the year. I'll sit tight until the right car/price comes along... albeit, I'll still keep looking.
I couldn't do it if I were you, I am very impatient. Keep us updated. Best of goodluck and to the team.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JonA85-
Thanks for the welcome.
I am impatient, too. Particularly when it comes to cars,
however, the dollars are large so I'll wait. Heck, I'd even
throw-in my beloved Diasio 962R as partial trade-in on the
right GT2!

Quick Reply: Wanted: 2008 Porsche GT2