Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Jaguar C-X75 Hypercar Driven By Autocar

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zeeshan66
some epic shit. Am i the only one who is reminded of the XJ220 with this?
It instantly reminds me of an xj220. Jag has always had trouble producing a great supercar. This is a great looking machine

Old 06-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
Its really sad that Jaguar won't make this car. IMO, it is far more beautiful than either the P1 or La Ferrari

Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome stuff added to the homepage with this little blurb:

Jaguar's Never-To-Be C-X75 Supercar Driven

Six months ago the car world was delivered a severe blow when Jaguar announced they had pulled the plug on the C-X75 supercar project. The uber fast cat was to be a worthy rival of the La Ferrari, McLaren P1, and Porsche 918, but will now be resigned to the history books. Five working examples of the C-X75 were built and lucky for the folks at Autocar, they got a ful-out go in the big cat.

The C-X75 features a twin-charged, 502 Hp 1.6 liter four-cylinder engine capable of revving to an astonishing 10,000 rpm. Partner that up with the four electric motors at each wheel, and the big cat is capable of an additional 194 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. Combined thats more than 850 horsepower and 738 pound-feet of torque at your disposal.

While we can morn the never to be C-X75, the bit of good news to take away is Jaguar claims the supercar “leads the way for the next generation of our sporting bloodline.”

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
When they announced this thing I thought it was a massive dose of silliness and figured it would never see production. As a result I guess I wasn't really paying attention...

Which is a shame, because to me these examples are prettier even than the show car, the blue especially. And now that I've taken the time to read up on it, I do wonder what could have been.

Perhaps the last thing that Jaguar needs in the midst of their renaissance is a cash-wasting extremely-low-volume supercar. But still...

Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
It's the third time i leave a comment about this subject. It even hurts knowing this won't ever exist.....In my eyes the car is perfect.....

Old 06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
no limits is on a distinguished roadno limits is on a distinguished roadno limits is on a distinguished roadno limits is on a distinguished road
Old 06-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
One of the most awesome cars i've seen, if not the most awesome! They have to make this happen!!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished road
That's some brilliant sounding hybrid...I wonder why they scrapped it.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
I really dont understand why they not putting this car in to production. They have finished product that's easily keep up with the competition. I not a Jaguar fan, sure they have nice cars but they are much like the Bentley's,butch and boring. But this is simply put beautiful inside and out.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Diggz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
I really dont understand why they not putting this car in to production. They have finished product that's easily keep up with the competition. I not a Jaguar fan, sure they have nice cars but they are much like the Bentley's,butch and boring. But this is simply put beautiful inside and out.
I think its because they know production cost and things like that is something they won't be able to keep up with it even if they made just a few of them. When they have other cars coming up in the next few years like the f-type coupe and 3 series competitor.. Just my opinions.

Quick Reply: Jaguar C-X75 Hypercar Driven By Autocar