Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

What motivates Jaguar to continue developing the C-X75?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  2,w=1200,c=0.bild.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  103.1 KB

I've no idea of why Jaguar continues the development of this car when it was cancelled. I would have liked to see its tubocharged and supercharged 1.6 liter 4 in-line 500hp engine roaring along the electric motors. It would have been a serious rival of the Porsche 918 Spyder & co. But at the end we will only have five finished prototypes.

Is Jaguar's pride the reason perhaps? Or the british company will use this car for testing new technologies that will be featured on future products? Only time will tell.

Name:  Jaguar C-X75 Concept 2010 (1).jpg
Views: 620
Size:  212.5 KB

Name:  Jaguar C-X75 Concept 2010 (3).jpg
Views: 492
Size:  110.1 KB

Old 02-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
It has been cancelled

Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
I know that it's cancelled, but still under development. That spy shot was taken a few days ago.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boxer
It has been cancelled
He mentioned in the first post it wa canceled, hense why he was asking about it still be tested. At least that's how i read it

Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
He mentioned in the first post it wa canceled, hense why he was asking about it still be tested. At least that's how i read it
Yes, that it's what I was asking. Sorry if my English was bad.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Amzamus
I know that it's cancelled, but still under development. That spy shot was taken a few days ago.
They are just finishing off a few of the development cars (mules) so that 3 can be sold off at auction later this year.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Boxer
They are just finishing off a few of the development cars (mules) so that 3 can be sold off at auction later this year.
I know, but that's not the real reason of developing a car that won't enter into production. My question is why? It's an entirely new model that will cost a lot of money to Jaguar.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
I applaud much of what they have done over the past few years and am excited to see the outcome!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Amzamus
I know, but that's not the real reason of developing a car that won't enter into production. My question is why? It's an entirely new model that will cost a lot of money to Jaguar.
Because they can't sell the mules off in the current state of development. So spend a bit more and then try to recover something via the sale.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I think there¡s something more. The reputation of the company or just a commercial reason. Something like: "Hey! Look at what we can do. Buy a Jaguar". It's an engineer's wet dream, something ala Veyron for VAG.

Quick Reply: What motivates Jaguar to continue developing the C-X75?