Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

A decidedly outward move toward British cars....

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
A decidedly outward move toward British cars....

After many years of German this and German that, my wife and I recently bought two British cars..... Not the first vehicle from the UK we've owned (have had a couple LRs) but, there has always been at least one German in the garage.

This was just delivered today. 2011 XJ SC black/black with black headliner (a must and ruled out many others during our search)

Love the liberal use of leather in British cars.....

Had to have a black headliner. What's up with all the light colored headliners with a dark interior. Most do not even match the rest of the interior colors.

Love the graphics that make up the guages!

Last edited by LRDog; 06-12-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
You used to have an aqua blue Pan, right?

Old 06-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I did. It's now in Russia somewhere......

Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
you have awesome taste in cars (aqua panamera, audi s5, etc) but this i dont get??? sorry...

Old 06-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
you have awesome taste in cars (aqua panamera, audi s5, etc) but this i dont get??? sorry...
No worries, I know the Jag isn't to everyone's taste. Personally, I never thought I'd own a Jag either...... Almost bought an XKR-S when I was looking at the DB9.

We are blessed in that we've gotten to experience many different automobiles over the years. I love the styling of the big cat and with the SC motor it's great fun to drive. Not to mention, the leather interior is beautiful. It's also very low key and not in your face like the Panny was. Frankly, I'm a little tired of the Germans, Porsche especially b/c EVERYTHING is an option!!! The Panny had $35k+ in options (not including the HREs) alone. That is absolutely insane AND it's exactly half of what we paid for this car.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
So a DB9 and the Jag? I love those cars, but the build quality frightens me. I came this >< close to getting Aston V8 Vantages on two occasions, but ended up with 911s both times. It wasn't the (lack of) performance, but the concern that the car would fall apart, probably in a very expensive manner.

Please let us know your experiences with ownership. I love the new Jags and I'll always have a soft spot for Astons... Congrats on the XJ.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
So a DB9 and the Jag? I love those cars, but the build quality frightens me. I came this >< close to getting Aston V8 Vantages on two occasions, but ended up with 911s both times. It wasn't the (lack of) performance, but the concern that the car would fall apart, probably in a very expensive manner.

Please let us know your experiences with ownership. I love the new Jags and I'll always have a soft spot for Astons... Congrats on the XJ.
I'd be less than truthful is I said I wasn't concerned about build quality of the Jag. There is a lot of talk on some of the Jag forums about the pano roof creaking and popping. However, like any forum, there is a very vocal minority of people who show up to complain about the car and/or seek support and advice. I also have read lots of good things about the car.

As for the AM, I'm not really worried about build quality. I believe it's sound. The DB9 also has almost all of it's 3-year warranty left. I'm the first owner and it had 58 miles on it when I picked it up. I have had an issue with the amp on the B&O system and my emission light (along with CEL) came on Saturday evening on the way home from dinner.....

Old 06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Nevermind.

Last edited by 81911; 06-17-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
first of all congrats on your new car!

Just looked up your post history,..the E55,thePanny and the B7 were
all very special and perfectly beautiful!
Hats off for having such a great taste in cars!!
the DB9 is wonderful as well,..just the Jag,..well,the car by itself is cool and all,but simply not "on your level" imo.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
So much hate for Jag! It's a gorgeous car.

Quick Reply: A decidedly outward move toward British cars....