Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Seeking input on buying a V12 Vantage or DBS

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished roadACTaste is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Oversteer Overlord
As a daily driver, the DBS is probably the better bet. It rides better and looks better, but still has a gratifying howl when you're into it.

The V12 Vantage is definitely the more focussed car, but if you've got a 4.0, then you already have a very driver-focussed car, and you'll want something a bit less hard-edged. Plus you can get the DBS in auto if you want, whereas the V12 Vantage can only be had in manual.

I've driven both extensively and the DBS is better as a daily. More room, better at long distances and is more comfortable.

My 2c.
yup. and the dbs is just so gorgeous.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys. I went with the color of the car that Carrol Shelby drove winning the 24 hours of LeMan in 1959. It's a bit different from the current Aston Martin Racing Green.

Several reasons behind that choice. The V12V is the type of Aston I feel Shelby would support in concept. Big engine in the small car. He and I are both Texans and involved in thr business of making high performance cars. And quite simply I'm a big history buff for the era of racing.

Really looking forward to getting it in a few months. I'll be sure to post pics.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on a great choice! As far as I'm there are no longer making the the V12 Vantage as they wanted to be exclusive car. Enjoy when you get it!

Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! The V12V is a great commuting car. You will love it!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Vernor! I'm going to have to see this and your 4.0 sometime!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
My V12V has finally arrived, picked it up today! The exterior color is the Aston Martin Racing Green used on the 1959 WSC and Le Mans winning DBR1. Only V12V painted in this historic color.

A bit darker than the current AMRG, which looks a bit olive/pea green next to this one. It was very cloudy today in central Texas but I snapped a few quick pics to share. Looks much better in person than what I was able to capture with my phone.

Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!latterlon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That is absolutely gorgeous, just a perfect color for an Aston.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, can't go wrong with the car. enjoy it in the best of health

Old 09-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats! Enjoy it!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
That is just stunning.

Quick Reply: Seeking input on buying a V12 Vantage or DBS