Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Seeking input on buying a V12 Vantage or DBS

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
DBS definitely, it is beautiful and it makes a sensational DD

Old 05-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
That's for the input everyone, extremely helpful. I'll be sticking with a manual even though it's regular/daily driver. Very a personal preference, nothing more.

Still debating, may come down to if I can find or order exactly what I want. Once a decision is finalized, I'll update everyone.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with your decision and be sure to post up pics as soon as she comes in!!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I had a deposit on a DBS before the V12V became available. I would have chosen a 6-speed as well. The V12V is definitely a more driver focused car and will feel more similar to your 4.0. The DBS has similar power and handles well but it will be easier to drive and be a bit more comfortable. I would say a DBS Vert 6-speed would be an excellent choice. It would give you a different approach and a unique option. There are less out there but I'm sure that you will find one at a reasonable deal. I bought a V12V because I wanted the best combination of a GT3 and a DBS. If you don't have to choose, get both.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tomfish038 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Wish i could be buying an Aston, they are my favorite of all car manufactures. hopefully in the future, if i were you i would buy the DBS

Old 05-27-2012, 01:13 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Isnt the DBS at the end of its life?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Teamspeed Contributing Editor
Oversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Isnt the DBS at the end of its life?
Yep, but that doesn't make it a bad car. It's an opportune time to get one - they'll be offering great deals on them.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
As an update, I ended up officially placing an order for a V12V this week. Was able to take one on a test drive and for my own personal tastes it was quite comfortable and enjoyable (for me) on daily commutes.

Truth be told, there was no DBS available for me to drive and had there been my opinion may have changed. At the moment though, I'm more interested in a sportier drive and quite like the concept of stuffing the biggest motor into the smallest chassis. Oh, and the manual transmission was a huge draw (even though the clutch feel and center console are a bit awkward). I figure there will be plenty of future opportunities to enjoy seamless paddle shifting transmissions so I might as well enjoy my crude ol' manual trans in a new car while I can.

Decided to place an order even though there are some superb examples on the used market. Considering the fact that the V12V doesn't come out on top of all the cars it competes against on paper, there often is a very personal reason one chooses it over its rivals. That's certainly the case for me so I wanted to get something that was unique and had a story behind it.

Looking forward to sharing with you all when it gets here in a few months. Cheers!

Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
You already have a top of the food chain performance vehicle. Now you have it's style equivalent. It won't be huge departure in terms of methodology, but I guarantee your going to love the environment more. What colors did you choose?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats Vernor75

Looking forward to seeing the pics when the V12V arrives

Quick Reply: Seeking input on buying a V12 Vantage or DBS