Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

1 day with the Aston Martin DBS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Post 1 day with the Aston Martin DBS

1 day with the Aston Martin DBS

The weekend is here and what better way of breaking the boring routine and daily commute with a long drive, good music and fast speed. You wake up to the sight of a beautiful gt the Aston Martin DBS in Morning Frost White soaking wet out in the rain; A gt sports car and a getaway car that of preference of fictional secret service agents.

So I warm it up and load my iPod playlist of the latest club tracks and enjoy the long drive to the beach house to the tunes of Armin Van Buuren, Daft Punk and Swedish House Mafia through the amazing B&O sound-system.

The weather today is 15 degrees c, empty roads and lots of rain. I am driving through the tight country roads trying out the car and pushing it 8/10 of its limits with the traction off. Nothing like going out of a corner at 180km/h with the tail kicking out , some oversteer and quick correction with the sound of the 6.0L V12 and a glimpse of SHM Miami 2 Ibiza through the stereo.

It was a nice day and I have something to remember for next week. After spending the whole day with this car I have fallen in love with it. The fit and finish is amazing, it feels bespoke and dare I say feels more special than a 599GTB.

Things I really liked about this car:
1) The Emotional Control Unit "The Key" its made of crystal and feels special. It's the best "key" design I've seen so far after the koenigsegg. Paying this much the car should be special from A-Z and not like Bentley which the key looks pretty much like a VW for example.

2) The Sound System is fantastic, best in market in fact even when fully loud it sounds great.

3) The Styling its sport sophistication not too flashy, conservative amount of CF and very effective. It's a Gentleman's sports car.

4) The Interior, you feel cocooned in luxury and its a touring car that you can take a long road trip in from Marbella to Milano without hurting your back.

5)Brakes: So far this has yet to be the best Carbon Ceramic Brakes I've tried, I cant remember the Ferrari 458 brakes as I've driven it for a shorter time but the stopping power is unreal and way better than that of the SLS in-terms of feel.

It has some flaws but I am reviewing this car based on my feelings without taking into consideration its price or its performance standpoint,it really got to my heart. It is not fast for the money, I guess I've been spoiled by my SLK55 Kleemann but if I was going to get this car it would be spec'd as a manual gearbox. Manual gearbox cars are getting more and more instinct and what better way to spoil yourself to a V12, comfortable car with a manual gearbox and looks this sexy.

I had a great day and just wanted to share my thoughts with the TS family

Have a great day,

Last edited by MeanMachine; 01-13-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Wow white is so beautiful on that car!

Old 01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
thisISit is an unknown quantity at this point
What a beautiful car
PS - Im an SHM fan too, Miami 2 Ibiza is my favorite track

Old 01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Shutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond reputeShutter Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Great read! Thanks for posting

Old 01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Shes a beaut!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
i would LOVE to have a DBS but sadly even the 2nd hand market is out of reach for me

Old 01-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You certainly make it sound appealing! I appreciate the review that gives special focus to how the driver feels in the vehicle. Handling and power aren't always the standard!

Thanks for sharing, please post more!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
great writeup bro!

I can very well see you driving a DBS - there`s just so much Mo` in it

Old 01-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Great write up, exactly on the money. That car is pretty well set up other than the gear box.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:04 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Here is what JC thinks of the DBS,

Jeremy Clarkson Thriller - Aston Martin DBS - YouTube

Quick Reply: 1 day with the Aston Martin DBS