Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Jaguar Reveals C-X16 Concept [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCM55555
This car just changed the game.

One word: KERS
Yes, because that's just what every well-rounded performance car needs: Several hundred pounds of fat that accomplishes nothing useful in a road car and acts as a bandaid for an engine that's too small, in an effort to appease ecotards and sell "Teh F1 Technologies!" to idiots.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I eagerly await what this will be in production.

I really like the seats (they better be available in the US)
The switchgear sounds really cool and should feel really special (although OLED screens in the knobs sounds like it will break)
The V6 should be fantastic when compared to its asian rivals (although from the pictures the less than 7000rpm redline might spoil it)

Basically I am wanting to believe the hype and I anticipate good things.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
Yes, because that's just what every well-rounded performance car needs: Several hundred pounds of fat that accomplishes nothing useful in a road car and acts as a bandaid for an engine that's too small, in an effort to appease ecotards and sell "Teh F1 Technologies!" to idiots.

But I agree, the car is an absolutely stunning design.

Anyone tip off Porsche yet that they should enlist Ian Callum to help design that new car placed between the 911 & 918?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
OrangeOpti is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it wrong that I am now the owner of a fizzy penis root?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Doesn't do it for me. Not fast enough, too heavy, and it looks like someone stuffed a Jag badge on a discarded Ferrari design.
Haha, but they didn't and that's why the design is so great.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Very lovely, although they could have pushed the envelope a bit more on this. I find the dash and center console a bit underwhelming.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by astonmartinone77
Haha, but they didn't and that's why the design is so great.
Your comment suggests current Ferrari designs are something to be admired. My point was the opposite of that.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Your comment suggests current Ferrari designs are something to be admired. My point was the opposite of that.
I always thought that Ferrari designs were something of a benchmark for other companies. But I suppose everyone has different preferences.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I understood that, in most instances you would be criticized for trying to imitate Ferrari designs. In fact even Ferrari themselves are made conscious of their shortfalls.

When looking at the Jag concept here though, I just don't care. I want it.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Beefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond repute
When the XE is released it'll be like this, in my informed opinion:

XE - 3.0 V6, 320bhp
XE-R - 3.0 Supercharged V6, 400bhp

Later on in the lifecycle there will probably be some hybrid/KERS nonsense added around the facelift time, but not before then. The technology for road cars just isn't there yet.

In the mean time, here's a wee photoshop I did. Production-friendly 20" wheels (the concepts are only 21"), less aggressive front end, tango orange paint.

Want.

Quick Reply: Jaguar Reveals C-X16 Concept [VIDEO]