Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

lotus as daily

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I was very close to buying one but wasn't overly impressed with the Exige 'S.' For a DD it's just too small and the lack of torque (coming from someone that had an S2000 which has very little) would have become tiresome (as it did in the S2000).

Saying that, i'll probably sell my car around this time next year, buy a bigger DD as i feel that even my 997 is too small and buy an Exige for fun.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I would die if I had to drive my Exige S as a daily. The suspension is ROCK hard, my back would not survive!

Old 06-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
Noone has lived to tell the tale
I like the Lotus7 or the Caterham R500 thats a car to have and you can also build it yourself

Old 06-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
my buddy drives his about 4 days a week and loves it.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Paul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond reputePaul_AG has a reputation beyond repute
My friend drives his Exige S 240 seven days a week. He has a Range Rover as a daily but never drives it. He has a 30+ km commute each way and half the time he's stuck in traffic but he's never complained and is very happy about the car. It is small though. Clearance for him is not a problem and we have high speed bumps here in Hong Kong.

Last edited by Paul_AG; 06-10-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Fun car, I love it, but I would rather get a Vespa as daily driver.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NOLA911 is an unknown quantity at this point
What about maintenance, I am about 600 miles from the nearest service for a lotus, but am thinking about trading the 996 for one.... advise?

I'm not worried about oil changes/tune ups, but how often are warranty faults?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NOLA911
What about maintenance, I am about 600 miles from the nearest service for a lotus, but am thinking about trading the 996 for one.... advise?

I'm not worried about oil changes/tune ups, but how often are warranty faults?
Absolutely not.

They are very touchy, constantly requiring dealer visits, just take a look at elistalk.com under the general section. There is currently a great thread regarding the elise as a DD and the list of the problems this guy has had is unbelievable - he's at the dealer almost every other week after the first few months of ownership. On a side-note the dealer (Beverly Hills Lotus IIRC) has been fantastic.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think they are fun but wouldn't want to drive one everyday. Even the threshold to get in/out is a pita.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NOLA911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LABrit
Absolutely not.

They are very touchy, constantly requiring dealer visits, just take a look at elistalk.com under the general section. There is currently a great thread regarding the elise as a DD and the list of the problems this guy has had is unbelievable - he's at the dealer almost every other week after the first few months of ownership. On a side-note the dealer (Beverly Hills Lotus IIRC) has been fantastic.

Haha, I saw that one on elisetalk, I was hoping he was an isolated incident. I always have mixed feelings when I look at that forum, some post about problems and others bash it like the problem doesnt exist but is in the mind of the original poster.

Oh well, New Orleans will not be getting a dealer anytime soon, I know that is for sure.

Last edited by NOLA911; 07-02-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Quick Reply: lotus as daily