Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

EVO: Lotus Evora S Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow EVO: Lotus Evora S Test Drive

YouTube - Lotus Evora S test drive by Evo
Experience the Evora
An Evo guide to the Lotus Evora and Evora S

As a regular reader of evo.co.uk you will know that we love the Lotus Evora; after all we've already given it the highest accolade we can - Evo Car of the Year award. But now, in conjunction with Lotus, we've set up this special webpage dedicated to the fabulous hand-built British sportscar.

From here, you can register to experience an Evora or supercharged Evora S. Everyone who registers for a test drive will also be entered into a prize draw to win an exclusive Lotus experience. To enter just click the 'Register' button on the right hand side of this page and simply fill in your details.

Also, within this microsite we have some unique never-before-seen videos for you to enjoy. These include a road test of the new Evora S and a special behind the scenes interview with key Lotus personnel, talking about what makes the Evora so special.

You can see some exclusive pictures, including shots of the Evora Cup racecar, from our visit to the Lotus Factory in Hethel, in our gallery, and read previous evo.co.uk articles about the Evora by following the links opposite. These include in-depth first drive reviews of both the supercharged and naturally aspirated model, group tests of the Lotus against its key rivals and our Car of the Year Awards from 2009 which, of course, the Evora won.
Full info and source [EVO]

Old 02-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Very, very interesting video DJ. Thanks for posting!

It got me searching for others and found this review by Autocar.

Quick question: Any one here on TS actually own an Evora? After seeing these reviews, it has really got me thinking about a possible next car (if it truly is that good.

YouTube - Lotus Evora S review | Autocar

Old 02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
sbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura about
I drove the Evora last weekend at Lotus of Newport beach.
The handling of the Evora is amazing. It also fit my kids in the back seat!
I going to trade my 2009 BMW X5 4.8 sport to the new Evora S in JUNE.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:52 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I was thinking about an S after watching these reviews but with all the news on the fully revised interior and body tweaks coming in a year it would have to be at a huge discount to get the current version.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
I was thinking about an S after watching these reviews but with all the news on the fully revised interior and body tweaks coming in a year it would have to be at a huge discount to get the current version.
That's exactly what I was thinking. The discounts are pretty amazing already. There's a dealer here in CT that's advertising for $15k off the MSRP on brand new 2011's.

But then again, the previews of the body tweaks and interior make it look like it will be worth the extra $$$ in the end.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by sbyang
I drove the Evora last weekend at Lotus of Newport beach.
The handling of the Evora is amazing. It also fit my kids in the back seat!
I going to trade my 2009 BMW X5 4.8 sport to the new Evora S in JUNE.
That's quite impressive to hear, especially coming from a modded Spyder owner!