Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

V12 Vantage meets Gulf LMP1 race car

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow V12 Vantage meets Gulf LMP1 race car

V12 VANTAGE MEETS GULF LMP1 RACE CAR
Gaydon, 23 December 2010.

The Aston Martin V12 engine sits not just at the heart of the One-77, DBS, DB9, Rapide and V12 Vantage but also the 2010 DBR1-2 Le Mans race car.

The V12 Vantage was launched to critical acclaim in 2009, and in 2010, it arrived in the US. It is the ultimate performance interpretation of the Vantage range featuring a 6.0 litre V12 engine producing 510 bhp (380 kW / 517 PS) and 570 Nm (420 lb.ft) and has been dynamically honed to deliver an unparalleled driving experience.

The V12 engined DBR1-2 is an Aston Martin LMP1 race car which competed throughout 2009 and 2010. It won the Le Mans Series in 2009 and achieved three podiums in 2010. It is this revered engine that sits at the heart of these evocative driving machines. This unique footage captures these two iconic road and race cars in action for the first time in an unconventional road setting.

YouTube - V12 Vantage meets Gulf LMP1 race car.mov

Old 12-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Great vid!

Old 12-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
Awesome video

Old 12-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I feel like I have to pay someone after watching that. I can't imagine what it would be like to take that race car around a country road.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
holly molly that was good!

Old 12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I like the v12 vantage more than the DBS, what a car. I've only seen 3 in the last year. It is quiet rare.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I like the v12 vantage more than the DBS, what a car. I've only seen 3 in the last year. It is quiet rare.

My favorite Aston Martin without a shadow of doubt. V12 Vantage is just magnificent. I don't want to number my top cars, but that is definitely up there.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That was great! Looks like the road where they filmed Victory By Design back in the day.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Nice vid, thanks a lot for posting! Out of rep for now.
Kind of cool to see the aerodynamics of the DBR1-2 at work, kicking up water and leaves.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, amazing. Thanks for posting.

Quick Reply: V12 Vantage meets Gulf LMP1 race car