Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Aston Martin One-77: Art of Speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond repute
Aston Martin One-77: Art of Speed

The Luxury Manufacturer Reveals its Ultra-Fast Limited Edition Supercar

With a reputation for only producing the finest-quality luxury vehicles, Aston Martin has a special place in every car lover’s heart. The latest baby from the English company, founded in 1913, is the One-77, a high-performance sports car currently being produced at Aston’s new manufacturing headquarters in Warwickshire. Its top speed reaches 220mph (354km/h), but this is more than just a racing machine. “We wanted to create a car closer to art than the automobile––that was the aim,” says Marek Reichman, Aston’s director of design. Early sketches showed a concept closer in spirit to the Batmobile than anything you’d see trundling up a freeway. The final product retains some of that fantasy, with the handcrafted aluminium body’s smooth undulating lines suggesting a harmonious aerodynamic. There are also concessions to classic design: the distinctive metallic front grille, and of course, Aston’s unmistakable winged logo taking pride of place on the hood. Just 77 of these vehicles exist and all have already been sold.

Source:
NOWNESS

Old 11-25-2010, 02:43 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
One of my favourite cars, love how subtle it is.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:49 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Love this Aston, especially in white. Not true about all 77 cars sold. Number of pre-ordered cars are somewhere between 50 and 60.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:53 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Love this Aston, especially in white. Not true about all 77 cars sold. Number of pre-ordered cars are somewhere between 50 and 60.
55 to be exact

Old 11-25-2010, 02:55 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
55 to be exact
Could be a bit more as for now, there were 55 cars pre-ordered few months ago.

Here is an interesting article and some more great pics:

New Car: Aston Martin One-77 | General News | News | octane

Old 11-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Sincerely the car is stunning! If i had the money i wouldnt oubt a second on buying one or two (one in white and other on mettalic grey, or i woul have it covered in CF)

Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Great thread and great pics. I love this car but I have to say I think the name sucks. I wast looking at the development shots in the thread and all that I could think is how such an awesome car is shortchanged with a name that identifies the number made. Lame.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I love all of the beautiful engineering behind this car. A true stunner, imo.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alex12de
Sincerely the car is stunning! If i had the money i wouldnt oubt a second on buying one or two (one in white and other on mettalic grey, or i woul have it covered in CF)
Lol just order it w/ o paint because I believe the body is carbon fiber. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
look at those brake calipers! gorgeous car! would love to see one in person