Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

AM Cygnet is a go!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Spadge1976
Correct, this car will intially only be made available to existing customers, presuambly to give to their wives.
An absolute disgrace. Ulrich Bez has brought shame to Aston Martin
But he brought the V12 Vantage and the V8 vantage

Old 10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Ghey.
An am tailor fit for the city. Isn't that the v8-v12 vantage??

Old 10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Spadge1976
Correct, this car will intially only be made available to existing customers, presuambly to give to their wives.
An absolute disgrace. Ulrich Bez has brought shame to Aston Martin
Don't blame them, blame the legislation that stipulated that any manufacturer that didn't reach XX mpg would be barred from selling anything. They were forced to do this to survive.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean
Don't blame them, blame the legislation that stipulated that any manufacturer that didn't reach XX mpg would be barred from selling anything. They were forced to do this to survive.
Yeah, bothers me its not as a specific model but the whole product range.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Let me try to bring some reason to this discussion. First of all, I commend this action from Aston. They are a small producer and sell few cars. Each of these cars gets horrible gas mileage and I'm sure exude a huge carbon load. So how does a boutique company answer the irrational regulations from unthinking "quick draw" government interference? Simple, continue your dedication to the form that you are known for with out compromise or apology. Then, add a bogus high mileage, low emission car from someone else to get your averages up without changing the core product. I agree, this car is a joke. I understand the thought process of a second brand. I also understand that this is probably the least expensive way to achieve a necessary evil and allow the company to focus on what is really important. Despite the fact that Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche have mostly stayed independent, there is very much a sense of influence from "big brother" ownership looking over their shoulders. I would hate to have this happen to AM. It is one of the factors that drew me to the brand. I don't want to see some ridiculous hybrid 5&1/2 cylinder engine Vantage with an electric motor that makes me put the car in neutral while I coast down-hill to charge the cell. There is a momentary hiccup in the progress of performance vehicles. Does anybody remember the addition of corn alcohol to gasoline a short decade ago? This new villainization of low mileage cars will come and go with a fresh political perspective. Until then, cheers to the ugly little egg with the legendary wings. Your place in history will be marked with a smile and a chuckle while those of us with a single-digit MPG car go flying by the legislators with a thumbs-up for wasting our time and tax dollars.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Please somebody tell me this thing is a joke.

Hot Model Chick: So what car do you drive?

Chris: Aston Martin <Said slowly, for dramatic effect>

Hot Model Chick: OooAaa, you should take me for a ride sometime.

Chris: Don’t worry I plan on taking you for plenty of rides. <wink, wink>, how’s about I take you for one right now, back to my place.

Hot Model Chick: Can’t wait, let me grab my handbag.

Walk out to parking lot and approach car…….

Hot Model Chick: WTF is that? I thought you said you drive an Aston. You ain’t taking me for a ride in that! In fact you’re not taking me for any type of ride… Bye!

Chris:

Old 10-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I juuuuust had a thought:

Why not turn this little bad boy into the ULTIMATE LAWN MOWER?

AWESOMENESS!!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chris888
please somebody tell me this thing is a joke.

hot model chick: So what car do you drive?

chris: Aston martin <said slowly, for dramatic effect>

hot model chick: Oooaaa, you should take me for a ride sometime.

chris: Don’t worry i plan on taking you for plenty of rides. <wink, wink>, how’s about i take you for one right now, back to my place.

hot model chick: Can’t wait, let me grab my handbag.

chris: *grabs his man-purse, takes out car ... pauses* I'm compensating.

hot model chick: My mom's station wagon is roomier. Tuuner said it was comfy too. Get over here.
ftfy.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
Hey if this ridiculous imitation car can keep AM producing the DBS, Rapide, and V12 Vantage . . . I say let them give away their little toy cars, so the owners can park them at the bottom of their pond and keep driving their 12-cylinder thrill machines.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
This is a fail as to me was the Smart car, for US markets that is.

Quick Reply: AM Cygnet is a go!