Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Jeff Koons gets a hold of a DBS Carbon Black

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010 | 07:26 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Knox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really nice
Jeff Koons gets a hold of a DBS Carbon Black

As reported on the Luxist and Highsnobiety artist Jeff Koons got his hands on an Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black. I'm going to have to say that they should have kept him away from it.

Originally Posted by Luxist
Based on the top-of-the-line GT that serves as James Bond's ride of choice, the Carbon Black edition features a unique black paint process designed to deflect the light at different angles, plus lightweight carbon-Kevlar seats upholstered in black leather with silver stitching, piano black trim, special wheels and more. We're not sure why Koons' design would be applied over the special black finish, but there you have it.

Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2010 | 07:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
I like it.

Old 08-27-2010 | 07:40 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Oh hell no.

Thanks douche. Now I can no longer say I've never met a DBS I didn't like.

Old 08-27-2010 | 07:52 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Knox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really niceKnox is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dave S
I like it.
I wouldn't mind it but he ruined one of the most innovative paint jobs in my opinion. 50 man-hours down the drain.

Originally Posted by Car & Driver
First of all, Carbon Black shouldn’t be confused with black carbon fiber, which would’ve looked really cool. It simply indicates a bespoke metallic black paint “especially formulated with a subtle metallic twist to create a deep, rich patina,” and which requires 50 man-hours of hand-painting to apply, according to Aston Martin.

Old 08-27-2010 | 07:55 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
it was ok for the M3 GT2...
but not for this one....

cmon...

paint your house like that and leave us alone with your Art Mr. Koon

Old 08-27-2010 | 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
It's a wrap. I have no idea where "luxist" and "highsnobiety" got the information from that Jeff Koon painted this car.

The car is going to participate in a road rally (similar to the Gumball 3000) and the owner decided to wrap his car like this.

Old 08-27-2010 | 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Gobs, but that RS looks great. This Koons guy has to be stopped

Old 08-27-2010 | 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
spunkymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Stop killing the beauty' koon.... Else the worshippers of AM the world over will shave you to bacon bits.

Old 08-27-2010 | 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
What a great way to destroy a British GT...

Old 08-27-2010 | 01:22 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Dutchnick
It's a wrap. I have no idea where "luxist" and "highsnobiety" got the information from that Jeff Koon painted this car.

The car is going to participate in a road rally (similar to the Gumball 3000) and the owner decided to wrap his car like this.
Source?

Now that you mention it I thought the car lacked the sheen of a "painted" car, even if it was a Koon-kollage.

Quick Reply: Jeff Koons gets a hold of a DBS Carbon Black