Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Thoughts on a 1996 twin supercharged Vantage?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Thoughts on a 1996 twin supercharged Vantage?

Would just like to hear everybody's thoughts on the twin-supercharged V8 Vantage that were sold around 1996?

Anybody with any experience with one? What are your thoughts? Reliable? Worth keeping?

Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I've never owned, driven, or even seen one in the flesh, but they are soooooo badass.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Been driven in and seen many, never owned one. Always seemed very cool, but a bit crap when they were up in the air at RENNtech. Not on the same level as a contemporary Benz or Porsche.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhh, reason I ask is some chap is selling his and I was called up to ask if I was interested. I must admit it's a cool looking car. It's even in British Racing green. If it's unreliable, I don't have the patience at the moment to bother with maintenance.

Engine bay looks bad ass

Old 07-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
neversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond repute
dddooo itttttttt

Old 07-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
What spec are the is the Vantage? If I remember correctly, for some time Aston Martin had the record for most powerful V8 produced.
I dont know enough about then to say if its unrealible or not, but how bad can it be considering that its not going to be a DD.
Those old Astons have a great engine note.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Apparently this one is tweaked and is 600hp (at the engine, OEM was 550hp). That's massive considering this car is 14 years old.

I don't know the mileage on the car and have not seen it in detail from up close. I know which car this is as I've seen it in the workshop once or twice in the past.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Go for it, those are bad ass.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
ollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud of
Is it the V600 version? it's the factory 600hp version, quite rare. Such cool cars, last of the real brute Astons.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ah, didn't know there was a 600 version from the factory. I only found 550hp versions via Google, so I assumed this one was modified by the owner.
Anybody know how many were produced?

Asking price is 100k. I'll go have a look at the car and report back, I'm not very interested to be honest. So let's see

Quick Reply: Thoughts on a 1996 twin supercharged Vantage?