Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Saw the Rapide in person today

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ive been told by someone in the industry that the 4 door high performance models that alot of manufacturers are producing are being targeted at the Asian markets where they expect them to be quite propular.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by calypso
Ive been told by someone in the industry that the 4 door high performance models that alot of manufacturers are producing are being targeted at the Asian markets where they expect them to be quite propular.
That would be correct. It would seem that most businesses these days have their sights and bank accounts- set on the Asian market.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Nvr heard of that. I suppose china is the largest mkt so it makes sense. I thought the car is targeted at success of CLS. I don't know how well known AM is in China. Most affluent Chinese will stick with Merc

Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
In all honesty, I HIGHLY doubt there is enough demand for such a car, let alone the Lambo 4 door- to justify it's existance.

If you want a sedan; most will stick with more useable cars; S Class, 7 series, Panamera, etc. Asking someone to spend 200k on a sedan is, in this economy, foolish. Even the Flying Spur, while a cool car, doesn't get much action as compared to the Bentley GT.

People, emotionally, treat 4 doors, differently. And thus justification is *harder* for such a car. 75K? Sure. 115K? Sure. 150k? hmm. Okay...but $200k plus.... the bandwidth is much much narrower for appeal-sake.
I see what you did there. I am sure the panamera has a larger backseat than the rapide, but I wouldn't begin listing it with the S class and 7 series as far as usability. I am 6' 175lbs and was not comfortable in the back of one.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I see what you did there. I am sure the panamera has a larger backseat than the rapide, but I wouldn't begin listing it with the S class and 7 series as far as usability. I am 6' 175lbs and was not comfortable in the back of one.

lol

First of all, if you're 6' @ 175lbs, you need to eat a cheeseburger and hit the gym, NOW!!

2nd of all, my counterpart and GSM is 6'4" and sits comfortably in the rear. However the front seats cannot be all the way back. Seating 4 -6' people isn't an issue in the panny.

make sure the seats are all in the proper position, and BINGO- instant awesomeness.

ps: I'm 5'11" @ 192, and I'm super comfy in the back of a panny. No bs.