Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

The V12 Vantage out in the wild

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
In all seriousness, I'm still just an ordinary guy [/QUOTE]

An ordinary guy with the best car collection on this forum.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
newyork is an unknown quantity at this point
Mike S -

Car looks amazing!

Would love to hear your thoughts on the V12, I've recently gone from the 4.3 to the 4.7. About a month ago, it was announced that North America will get the V12 and now considering moving up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Old 05-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Hi newyork,

The V12 is an entirely different animal. The power on it is quite brutal compared to the V8. I think their biggest challenge is the pricing. It is so close to the DBS and it seems they can not fit the sportshift semi-auto tranny onto the V12 in the small body of the Vantage (I'm assuming that is why they have not offered it as an option yet).

That is why they have not sold well over here. Mine is still the only one on the roads since I took delivery 6-7 months ago.

Over here, a DBS costs $480,000USD and the V12 costs $450,000USD (4.7 V8 $213,000).

It is a much nicer car overall, but I think to pay double the price from a 4.7 V8 for a larger engine and minor cosmetic changes is not value for money. The Vantage is what I wanted so it didn't bother me. I am giving a viewpoint from other perspective buyers (under assumption).

If money is not a factor, go for it! Good luck with your spec!

Last edited by Mike S; 05-30-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
newyork is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the response. Just spent the last two hours familiarizing myself with pricing in your city and I'm totally speechless how you guys get hosed!

The V12 in Canada is likely to be $230,000 USD where my V8 - 4.7 cost me $161,00 USD (both out the door with extras, Freight & taxes)

Concern is, will is be a livable daily car, as my current V8 has been. Also with the rarity of the car here, I'll have to pay full retail, which not an idea I like.

PS - Sounds like you have a great collection of cars, do you have a snap of them together?

Old 05-31-2010, 02:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, we do get the short end of the stick. Pricing here is really terrible, it is mostly to do with our tax. The goverment doesn't feel like it has milked the general public enough

Wow, that is literally half the price! Strange how your V8 versions are still rather expensive. If you compare them via equal ratios.

I haven't driven mine as much as I wanted to be honest, but it would be quite livable for a daily use.

Look on the bright side, your full retail is still nowhere near what we have to fork out

I've got quite a few of the group pics posted on the forums, I'm sure you will find them quite easily

Old 05-31-2010, 06:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
looks amazing mike! and the other one on kfc...I guess that could be funny go to a drive in in a car so "small"...lol
Here in portugal the cars suffers the same....taxes and everything..

Old 06-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
A few more shots from today.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots Mike! Beautiful location for photos.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Great shots Mike! Beautiful location for photos.
+1
I love the white exterior, red interior combo!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: The V12 Vantage out in the wild