Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Should I trade in my 2008 599 with 2010 DBS 2+2

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Saudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, thanks my friends for your usual supports.

For the guy who said why I am asking ... well I trust the opinion of my net-friends such as MeanMachine, D55L, Jox, JC919 and many others specially in this forum. I have spent a quite of my time following up news, ideas, opinions ...etc so for me it is 100% worth it.

Replaying to Meanmachine & , well I never bought an SUV and everytime I think of one such as RR sports something tells me not to do it! although its more of a mature thing to do

D55L, well I am in love with the 599 man ... sooo much but its the only one that exists now with no reason since the Bentley is also a GT and +600hp but takes 4. The 16m is a spyder so I can not sell, the SV is for sure now ... the Aston will be a 2+2.

To go with a CL65, well no ...big no ... not when the facelift is due in couple of months! and I never bought a Merc in my life ... do not know why ... may be I just do not like it ... or whenever I want to buy I find them un-reasonable for the price they are asking for compared to others!

I honustly like the Maserati GTS with MC line ... I loved my Maserati GT but its not available now and I feel the DBS looks more better.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
So in short the car must seat 4 and have plenty of horsepower? Panamera Turbo?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Saudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
So in short the car must seat 4 and have plenty of horsepower? Panamera Turbo?
And looks very nice, so the Panamera will be out

Old 10-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
I just wondered, why are we trying to talk somebody OUT of a DBS?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniRup
I just wondered, why are we trying to talk somebody OUT of a DBS?
Well maybe I got a bit confused but if it's a choice between the 599 and DBS, I'd kick the 599 to the kerb in a heartbeat.

It's probably a superior sportscar but it can't touch the DBS for looks and I'm much more of an Aston guy. Butttt since I've never actually driven either my advice is worth less than a Betamax recorder.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Saudi_Ferrari
well I am in love with the 599 man ... sooo much but its the only one that exists now with no reason since the Bentley is also a GT and +600hp but takes 4..
you`re comparing a Ferrari 599 with a Bentley GT?

no offense ,but do you use the 599 solely as a gentle cruiser along some crowded boulevards
or for floating down the Highway

or do you actually push it like a drivers car?

If not.....dump the 599 and take the Gentlemens car

I mean,as you said you already have 2 beasts to tear up the roads and don`t need to drive the 599 spirited...but a DBS is also a temporary solution...kids grow fast
What about the AM Rapide?
may take some time until it will be introduced to the market
but it looks like a winner to me

Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
I mean,as you said you already have 2 beasts to tear up the roads and don`t need to drive the 599 spirited...but a DBS is also a temporary solution...kids grow fast
What about the AM Rapide?
may take some time until it will be introduced to the market
but it looks like a winner to me
I agree that the DBS won't last long as a 2+2 with kids growing. At the same time the Rapide is kinda dull looking, there is not a single new design feature on the entire car, all just rip offs from the other AM models.
I'm not 100% sure but I think a Maserati GT has more space than a DBS for the backseats and it's incredible looking and has a great sound. Will also save you some money.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Rapid is a nice one but will take around 13 months to arrive in here.

My kid is 4 years, so if the DBS stays for 2 years with me (which I do not think it will) then it will be reasonably fine.

The Maserati GTS MC line is a nice choice for sure but will not be here soon also ... in rerms of looking ... hmmmm I think if they are equal to me.

I drove the 599 for more than 9000km so I used it as a normal car and go to grocery with it

Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Long term solution looks to fancy the AM Rapide in my opinion. I think it's the best looking true 4 door option out there in that price range. DBS would be wonderful no doubt but kids grow fast, and stay that way. I guess it really comes down to how long you would like to keep the car.

I certainly envy your dilemma though

Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley GT Speed.

The DBS has pretty much no back seat room. (My dad has a DB9 and I don't know how anyone could possibly fit there...

Quick Reply: Should I trade in my 2008 599 with 2010 DBS 2+2