Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Help: 2006-2007 Aston Martin Vantage

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
david7979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help: 2006-2007 Aston Martin Vantage

members,

I am thinking about purchasing Aston Martin for the first time. I Have always owned Porsche, mercedes, and BMW's... I have never owned Aston Martin...

I have few questions about the car... are they reliable? It will be my daily car...
do they break down alot? minor problems? issues?
are they very high maintainance car? does it cost lots of money to service and maintain?

Old 09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
They are hand built, be prepared for minor issues.

The AMV8 is pretty reliable in general, i know a few people with 30k + on them

Servicing is not cheap.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
As far as being a daily driver, depends on where you live. It won't work anywhere it snows...

Old 09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
switchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to behold
We have one available and recommend it!!!! Fantastic Car and must experience to appreciate also very Daily drivable.

Call to discuss.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Just watch out for the insanely heavy fuel consumption. I don't know if they improved it on the 4.7 V8, but on the 4.3 - wow, my LP640 is light on fuel in comparison.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its a pretty boring DD I have tons of cars to choose from as an everday car that come before the AMV8 like the Bentley GT which has more torque faster to drive DD,

Old 09-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
switchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to behold
I personally prefer the AM to the Bentley for the cockpit feel and the sounds are nothing short of fantastic.

You really can not go wrong with either vehicle.