Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Are all early Vanuqish to be avoided?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniRup
Exciting news! Do give us a thorough review of your improved Vanquish when you get it back. I love this tradition of uprating 'vintage' Astons
Yes! Keep us posted!

Old 12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I agree it definitely is a good looking car and the sound is downright menacing. I would be too afraid of the maintenance to own one. I should have just borrowed Achille's when he had it!

Old 12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL
I agree it definitely is a good looking car and the sound is downright menacing. I would be too afraid of the maintenance to own one. I should have just borrowed Achille's when he had it!
Um, you own an Italian sports car, and you are complaining about maintenance of a British sports car?

Oh wait, can you really get your SL serviced at an Audi dealer?

Old 12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
achilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the roughachilles99 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by stuka
So back to the backseat thing on the Vanquish, your 2 year old couldn't fit? The pictures look like it should be able to fit little kids without issues. I can put my sunshine kidz car seat facing forward in the 996 body back seat with no issues. So the back of the Vanquish is smaller than that!?

I also know that the same is true with 997 body style. Saw a guy at the grocery store I go to and 2 of his kids, one looks to be about 7 or 8, and the other in a car seat looked to be about 4. Maybe the Turbo is the car (with clutch slave delete, of course).
OMG, the 996 back seat is a house compared to the Vanquish backseat. I know that for a fact, I had a 996tt for 2 years as well. You could temporarily get adults in the backseat even with front passengers. No chance of that in the Vanquish. Put it this way... for the 2+2 Vanquish, they just replaced the speakers with a shelf and called it a seat. ZERO legroom. I could barely fit a small carseat in the back without my 2 year old (who was 1 at the time). When I put her IN the seat, her legs wouldn't have room to go over the edge of the seat and down. She had to put one leg on each side of the front seat or fold them. My wife did NOT approve of that lol!

If you are serious about a Vanquish 2+2, go see one in person first. Seriously. I wish I had. I might not have gotten it had I seen it first (although I'm glad I experienced it as a solo driver, car is a great touring car).

Last edited by achilles99; 12-10-2009 at 08:23 PM.