Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

The Yellow Perl from Kuwait, a Giallo Modena "Ferrary Fly yellow" V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:19 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The Yellow Perl from Kuwait, a Giallo Modena "Ferrary Fly yellow" V8 Vantage

Hey guy's, after seeing the black V8 vantage with the hre's you have tempted me to post pictures of this yellow jewel from Kuwait. this is my friend Ali's pride and joy. I dont think you might have seen his car before published on the net but if memory serves me right I did post a few pictures of my SLK55 next to his beautiful Aston Martin v8 vantage once at a small local turnout.

After a year and a half of ownership I convinced him that the car looked bland and very elegant, in fact too elegant and not sporty as the colour really screams look at me. So me and him went to the dealership and asked them to paint the wheels in special Meteor Silver AM colour with ferrari yellow pinstripe like the cars exterior colour and the results are dramatic and substantial if you ask me. In addition to the paint applied to the wheels centre's we painted the oem black calipers to yellow and lately painted the grey plastic rear diffuser in exterior colour.

Some basic facts about the car, the colour is a special order Ferrari Giallo modena which is Fly yellow. The interior is black with black piano wood and yellow stitching.

I will post pictures of his Colour paint to sample Horizon Blue 997 TT when it arrives but I've got to admit he knows how to pick his cars, the stable consists of 07/Designo Platinum Black CLK 63 AMG Vert, 08 RR Phantom Royal Blue, 08 997 TT Horizon Blue "on the way", 06 AM Vantage Ferrari yellow and a 00 F360 Yellow/Yellow leather Ferrari Modena with Hamman aerokit and tubi exhaust.

For now We think the car looks great as is but next up are a cf front lip and either cf or painted rear spoiler, by the way he is "THE_BOSS" from 6speed, I'll tell him to register over here as he is a big car fanatic with many diecast models and memorabilia as well.

For your viewing pleasure:

got a head start on him with the Mean CS,

Fly yellow, is a head turner

Last edited by MeanMachine; 02-16-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
The car is looks great but I find my eyes fixed more on the Ferrari than the Aston, maybe cause it's so much wider.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic color and the grey wheels + pinstripe look sweet.

I wouldn't put a wing on the vantage though.

Do you have a picture of the interior?

Old 02-16-2008, 01:44 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Fantastic color and the grey wheels + pinstripe look sweet.

I wouldn't put a wing on the vantage though.

Do you have a picture of the interior?
I cant find it, I am trying my best to get it.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Instead of a wing, perhaps consider Prodrive's bootlid spoiler?

They make a carbon lip for the front as well.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Instead of a wing, perhaps consider Prodrive's bootlid spoiler?

They make a carbon lip for the front as well.
That is what we have our eye's on. Quick silver exhaust might be in the works too. I've been pissing him of lately by saying no matter how fast you make the AM V8 my XKR if added with a tune ,pulley and exhausts can pull your AM V8 even if you jump ahead of me. The same thing happened when I smoked him in a drag race in my SLK55 agains his ex- CLS55 he caught up to me after 210kmh when the supercharger started to give the car lots of hp/torque to settle the top end difference, however after I added the Kleemann cats, Supersprint/Carlsson x pipe, green filters and tune I now put 4-5 car lengths on the CLS.

He is not convinced on anything but an exhaust for the 911 Turbo on the way, because he assumes the gearbox cannot withstand the torque and might be over cooked especially since the warranty wont cover modifications. In regards to exhausts the Cargraphic, Tubi and FVD are being compared right now. I am fighting for the FVD 610hp/590tq Kit with modified turbo's, 100 cell race exhaust, bmc filter, headers and tune as I think that is an ideal setup for a daily driver Tiptronic S car.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 02-16-2008 at 02:04 PM.