Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Aston Martin to Open Engineering Test Center at Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Aston Martin to Open Engineering Test Center at Nurburgring

Come end of May 2008, Aston Martin will open its brand new engineering test centre at the famous N?rburgring. Natural this move is, since a lot of other car makers have made the ‘Ring their own test bed for high-performance cars. Aston Martin say all new cars are subject to 10,000km of rigorous high-speed testing at the ‘Ring, which bodes well for their performance and durability. The new building is adjacent to the famous Nordscheleife circuit.

Things are flowing quite nicely for the company whose headquarters is in Gaydon, Warwickshire, UK. Last year they achieved some record sales under new ownership. Said Dr Ulrich Bez, Aston Martin CEO: “When we open the Aston Martin N?rburgring Test Centre at the end of May this will be our second major new facility in less than 12 months since the company entered new ownership. The N?rburgring has played a vital part in improving the performance and durability of all modern Aston Martins. Our new test centre will allow us to further increase the performance of our cars and to share something of the unique Nordschleife experience with our customers.”

The next James Bond film starring rusky Daniel Craig is said to already be in production and so we wait to see if the successful association between Aston and Bond continues.

Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Its good to see that as for the past few years there cars barely made it to the end of the 24hr's of the Nurburgring and one even failed . I my self finished much higher in the overall result then the Aston Martin did and I was in a standard 1995 E36 M3.
I am Sorry DJ but the truth is the Aston is one car I will not recommend to anybody and the Hype about the cars is just not fair knowing that one will pay a huge amount of money for a name and not what the car is. I hope Aston Martin builds better cars and surely hope the center benefits there efforts for the near future.
Below is the link where you will be able to see my result in the 2007 24hr of the Nurburgring . Me and my team finished 28th overall and second in class.
No disrespect to Aston Martin but I have been very frustrated with there unreliability and high cost.

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/en/databas...-database.html

Attached Images     
Old 02-14-2008, 12:38 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Jaber aston martin has improved substantially from the DB7, I have driven the Vanquish S, AMv8 and Db9 and find them to be wonderful in appeal and drving comfort. To me speed is not always important and with the DB9 as an example you can enjoy the comforts of a bentley with all of the sporty looks of a Ferrari.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:54 AM
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Jaber aston martin has improved substantially from the DB7, I have driven the Vanquish S, AMv8 and Db9 and find them to be wonderful in appeal and drving comfort. To me speed is not always important and with the DB9 as an example you can enjoy the comforts of a bentley with all of the sporty looks of a Ferrari.
Glad to know your happy with Aston Martin but as you know for me speed is important. I like the cars I just don't think they are good enough but thats my opinion I really hope they do well with there new test center.
Aston Martin have a great history and one can only hope that they come back strong

Old 02-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to allKAZ555 is a name known to all
Jaber, did your m3 have the 3.2 evo engine?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by KAZ555
Jaber, did your m3 have the 3.2 evo engine?
No it was the STD 286hp