Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Reports Claim Aston Martin One-77 Supercar NOT Sold Out

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
"A maximum of six allocated to the US." (from the Autocar article) If that's true, that would be a pretty daft move on the part of AM.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. I have seen the reports that Veyron sales have picked up but I'm not buying it. This time last year they were suffering badly.

Sales are crawling at Bugatti for the world's fastest car - International Herald Tribune

The economy hasn't exactly improved since that artice came out.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-03-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
15 available for the end of January... that's not exactly a small amount of inventory to carry with that price tag

Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
"A maximum of six allocated to the US." (from the Autocar article) If that's true, that would be a pretty daft move on the part of AM.
It is interesting where other cars are sheduled. Maximum of six cars allocated to the US, some five to UK. Some 6-8 for Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France. Some ten for GCC. Some ten cars for Asia. Where other cars will be sheduled to complete production run of 77 cars.

I like Aston. Especially DBS. But I do not like Aston for playing such games with customers. Just remeber DBS launch - 5 years waiting list, all cars were sold imidiatly and so on. One year passed - dealers are full with unsold DBS inventory sitting on the floors.

Now history repeats with One-77. Same all cars are spoken for BS.

Originally Posted by Barrister
Yes. I have seen the reports that Veyron sales have picked up but I'm not buying it. This time last year they were suffering badly.

Sales are crawling at Bugatti for the world's fastest car - International Herald Tribune

The economy hasn't exactly improved since that artice came out.
There arent four years waiting lists for Veyron of course, but I am sure that it is good numbers for such expensive car. They sheduled Veyron run until 2011 and all cars will be sold until that time. Just have recalled the numbers, 280 Veyrons were reserved as for end of September 2008. Major thing is that production remains stable for 3 years and Gran Sport is rahter successful project with 80 reserved cars from 150 cars total run.