Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009 | 01:02 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
mikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to all
Exhaust question

Okay...lovin' my DB9, and think it sounds great. But something in me wants a little more NOISE...maybe its hanging around with all of those Lambos

Anyway, I don't think the Quicksilver fits the DB9, too brutish...fits better on a Vantage. The Quicksilver is like $6K too

One interesting option is to put the stock DBS exhaust on it...runs about $2.5K...
What do you think, worth it?

Old 01-28-2009 | 01:35 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I actually like the quicksilver, try the larini you can find it on youtube.

Old 02-27-2009 | 06:20 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
mikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to allmikemets is a name known to all
WOW...got the QuickSilver exhaust installed today...woooohoooo.
Yeah, I know, a little more HP, 30 lbs lighter, more torque etc, but the sound

Little louder, deeper, and most important, sounds great right away, no more waiting to hit 3,900 rpm. AND, still has the great DB9 sound.

*easy job, took the shop a bit over an hour, that's it...they said it fit great.

Old 02-27-2009 | 06:23 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
What version, loudest ?

Old 02-27-2009 | 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
newyork is an unknown quantity at this point
They offer three systems:
1_Sports
2_Super Sports
3_Super Sports Plus (5000 rpm is supposed to really open up - 104db + )

I'm thinking of doing the 'Super Sports' on my V8 this summer.
It's some 20lbs plus lighter than the AM stock unit
They claim a 20bhp improvement
On average it's 3 - 4 db louder than the stock unit

Old 02-27-2009 | 07:38 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
What version, loudest ?
No, quietest I guess.

Sports Exhaust by Quicksilver

Love the way it sounds, and I think it still fits the car.

Old 02-27-2009 | 07:41 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by newyork
They offer three systems:
1_Sports
2_Super Sports
3_Super Sports Plus (5000 rpm is supposed to really open up - 104db + )

I'm thinking of doing the 'Super Sports' on my V8 this summer.
It's some 20lbs plus lighter than the AM stock unit
They claim a 20bhp improvement
On average it's 3 - 4 db louder than the stock unit
The sports exhaust is almost 30lbs lighter, gets 20 more HP, and is louder, and deeper than the stock. Again, sounds great right away which I really like.
It was important to me that it still sound like a DB9...mybe not the loudest, but a beautiful sound even at stock.

Old 02-27-2009 | 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
AutoCEO is an unknown quantity at this point
Mansory... I think they make a DB9 exhaust, but not sure.

Old 02-28-2009 | 01:03 PM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
*made a new thread

Last edited by mikemets; 02-28-2009 at 03:04 PM.