Notices
Aston Martin | Jaguar | Lotus Vanquish, Vantage, Rapide, DBS, DB9, XKR, Exige, Elise, Esprit, & More Discussion Forum.

2009 Exige 260

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008 | 12:39 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
2009 Exige 260

I Just got this in an e-mail from LOTUS. I can order a car so if any one out there wants one of these 50 very special 257 HP Exige 260's ...Let me know and I'll e-mail you the public ordering guide in a pdf format...I am sure they will all be specified and done in a very short time so here's your chance. Cheers.

QUOTE:

Lotus Cars USA, Inc. is please to announce the “Lotus Exige 260”. This latest variant of the renounced Exige lineup takes the Lotus engineering philosophy of “Performance through Lightweight” to the extreme for the street. With a substantial increase in horsepower, the generous use of carbon fiber components and the elimination of several non-essential items from this vehicle, performance and handling are taken to new heights.
Planned production for the North American spec. Lotus Exige 260 is currently set at 50 units. Vehicles will be identically equipped, with the only options being exterior color and StarShield.

Last edited by Adrian; 11-18-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2008 | 03:23 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I can only guess what they're charging for that... Good luck!!

All you ballers out there, get one!

Old 11-18-2008 | 06:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
man don't tease them like that! you have to attach the picture......

oh....and all the black bits (splitter, roof scoop and front access panels, side intakes, rear wing & tailgate) are carbon!!!!

Old 11-20-2008 | 11:57 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I can only guess what they're charging for that... Good luck!!

All you ballers out there, get one!
$74,990 plus destination...and It will out handle and out brake anything you can think of on the track...with the right driver of course

Old 11-20-2008 | 01:48 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLMOTORSPORTS
$74,990 plus destination...and It will out handle and out brake anything you can think of on the track...with the right driver of course
Wow - that's not as bad as I expected. I was awaiting some Ariel Atom numbers (i.e. $100K range). That would be a great 3rd car (or a daily if I lived near VIR).

Old 11-20-2008 | 10:37 PM
Banned
St00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura about
more details here

Full Press Release

LA Auto Show:
LOTUS LAUNCHES LIGHTER, MORE POWERFUL EXIGE 260

November 20, 2008

With a 17 hp bump in power and the removal of 50 lbs of weight, Lotus has once again improved upon the Exige. It’s actually hard to believe this car can get any better.

The new model will weigh just 2,020 lbs thanks to the extensive use of carbon fiber parts, including carbon for the front splitter, roof panel, rear engine cover, front access panels, side air intake ducts, rear spoiler, sill covers and even the top of the dash.

Lotus didn’t stop there, however, switching out many other parts on the car for lighter versions. These include a lightweight “motorsports” battery, lighter 12-spoke forged alloy wheels, a revised rear engine subframe, a lightweight flywheel, alloy piping for the supercharger and intercooler and a composite bulkhead panel that replaces the rear window.

The removal of weight will be even more noticeable with the addition of 17 more horsepower, which brings the total to 257 (260 PS). All 257 hp are available at a loft 8000 rpm and torque of 174 ft-lbs comes on at 6000 rpm.

As expected the price has also increased, to $74, 995, but it’s a small price to pay for a machine that is this capable.

Old 11-22-2008 | 03:25 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by roccoman
man don't tease them like that! you have to attach the picture......

oh....and all the black bits (splitter, roof scoop and front access panels, side intakes, rear wing & tailgate) are carbon!!!!
^^^ Thanks roccoman for posting that picture...My Lotus marketing rep sent me the same picture, That is the Ice White 260 from the California Auto show..You beat me to it !

I set up a poll on Lotustalk to see what the members would choose for color as I have an allocation to build one right now..so far they are voting for Chrome Orange. I think Isotope Green would be really cool

Lotus Exige 2009 260 'S' - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

Cheers.

Old 11-22-2008 | 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
chrome orange ftw!

Old 11-22-2008 | 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
I Like the white, however, I think Graphite Grey or one of the blacks would look sick. hmmm, maybe one of the Reds?

Old 12-19-2008 | 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
General D is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd rock a white one

Quick Reply: 2009 Exige 260