Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

AMG brake calliper

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
alberthyc is an unknown quantity at this point
AMG brake calliper

Hello AMG fellows...

Anyone having red AMG brake calipers? Does it get dirty often?

Mine gets dirty easily and i wonder why because i rarely see any ferrari porsche or lamborghini brake calipers get dirty.

Thanks

Old 11-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
What do you mean by dirty? Like brake dust? I can't give you a definite answer, but what I know is that AMG brake calipers tend to change color when used hard...at least the silver ones turn yellow a little.
I guess your question concerns the GL63 AMG in your avatar. In this case I'd say that it's a normal thing, since it's a very heavy and very fast car that has massive brakes, so it naturally produces a lot of brake dust. It's a similar thing with our Range Rover..

Old 11-19-2014, 03:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alberthyc
Hello AMG fellows...

Anyone having red AMG brake calipers? Does it get dirty often?

Mine gets dirty easily and i wonder why because i rarely see any ferrari porsche or lamborghini brake calipers get dirty.

Thanks

Hi Albert and welcome to TEAMSPEED!

I have owned ( and driven an enormous amount ) quite a few ///AMG cars, and I had the very FIRST in Monaco.

In the thread below you can see it and a few other of the AMG vehicles I have owned:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/travel-...thread-10.html

It will not be a problem with red calibers, if you clean them regularly. Go for it.