Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Fancy Fisticuffs: S65 AMG vs Bentley Mulsanne!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Editor
JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!

by John Coyle

Just like life, this comparo isn't entirely fair. Outside of private jet, there aren't many vehicles which can go toe to toe with a Bentley in the luxury department. And the obvious contender? The one Bentley was married to for half a century? Well, Rolls wouldn't play. Perhaps the company thought comparing its incomparable motorcars was too pedestrian? Unhappy that Bentley got all the Grey Poupon in the divorce? As someone who could happily live in the back seat of a Phantom, I have to say Rolls-Royce has nothing to fear from its former spouse.

But what about the Teutonic bruiser? How does it compare to the old-world elegance of the British beefcake? Watch the video below, and let me know what you think about the Bentley's 30k option. I was surprised...

Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I don’t find this as a fair head to head… it seems like a mini ad for the B

Old 12-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GrayTT
I don’t find this as a fair head to head… it seems like a mini ad for the B
I agree
the S65 should be compared with a 760Li or even a Ghost
The Mulsanne should be compared with a Phantom and a Maybach 62

Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Member
JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That 30k ipad is a joke right? You cant even adjust the screen angle. So somebody with my length coudn't even read the screen. And next to that the mechanical sound that it makes when it comes up is terrible.
With all the -almost perfect options in this Bentley I expected more.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Aristotle is on a distinguished roadAristotle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SL55K
I agree
the S65 should be compared with a 760Li or even a Ghost
The Mulsanne should be compared with a Phantom and a Maybach 62
The very first sentence in his post. The very first.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Well they already explained why they compared it to the S65, since it was the closest in price, powerplant and luxury (other then then Rolls).
For me the conclusion is that the Mulsanne is what I would have post lottery ticket winner for a luxo sedan. I saw one cruising down the road and it was epic. Seen many phantoms and ghosts and they are not as special IMO.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Aristotle
The very first sentence in his post. The very first.
ahaha

the s-class merc holds something special to me....I love its class and I love the fact it pushes out new technology all the time...very cool car, not praised enough.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
I'll take a Mulsanne in all black please, thank you.