Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

First Drive: 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL 63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
interior is awesome

Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
Al E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond repute
My next car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Love the interior, and that clock looks like an IWC Ingenuir. Not a big fan of the rear shots, but the new AMG exhaust tips are SWEET.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al E
My wifes next car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fixed it for ya

btw,
this pic is so tasteless,..showing off in front of the cafeteria

Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
adamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enoughadamls2 will become famous soon enough
Very nice write up!! When I first saw the revealed photos of the new SL design I was very disappointed, but the design it really starting to grow on me more and more. Especially with the right color combo like shown in the pictures. It's really amazing to think how much power these cars offer these days while just looking back a few years ago this type of power was really astonishing! The interior for me is the real winner here. Great car overal and wouldn't mind owning one someday!!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics of this. I didn't really like it before these pics either.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Great review. Front and rear don't look all that great to me, but the interior looks to be a nice place to be. It will sell well.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I can't tell if the exterior styling is hideously ugly and choppy, or purposely designed. It has some really bad angles and doesn't flow, IMO. I miss the days when a car was designed by one designer and not a committee.

Last edited by Mystro; 05-04-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I owned the past one for a short time , this looks alot nicer, color combo is also sharp

Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I am seriously considering this car. I test drove the new SL550 and was so damn impressed with the car. For a car that costs the same or less then a 991Scab, it is a serious contender and actually I favor it. The ride was the smoothest I have ever experienced (and I have driven the 2012 bently CGT). The chasis also felt more solid then anything else I have tried. Then the marvelous massage seats are both the most comfortable but are also sporty and keep you from sliding around. The handling with the ABC was as impressive as PDCC in a porsche. The acceleration was right up their with most anything else.
Not fully sold on the looks but coming around.

I imagine the amg SL to be really hard to beat for a roadster.

Quick Reply: First Drive: 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL 63 AMG