Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

2010 GT3 RS MK2 or 2012 C63 Black?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nigoape1 is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 GT3 RS MK2 or 2012 C63 Black?

i'm thinking of buying a car for myself and now i'm not sure whether i should go for the 2010 GT3RS mk2 or 2012 C63 black...as i do go to track days sometime and use the car as a daily i'm now stuck in the intersection and not sure which way should i go...pls advise....price for both carz a similar...only diff is one is 2nd handed and one is brand new and the C will be 5 months wait from now...and porsche is ready to go..

Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a huge Porsche fan so I wouldn't even think twice and get the GT3 rs. But I do see how this choice can be tough for most, the C63 is a great DD as well as a track machine.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
RS will make you happier long term, car is more special.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:43 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
C63 specifically that you mentioned it is used as a dd.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The Porsche would work better than you'd think as a DD as long as you can handle the attention you'd get while driving it. I'd get the GT3RS without a second thought.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
RS, now go get it!!

Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!P K Wright You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
For me it would be the C63 Black. Just look at it!

Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Rs without doubt.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
GT3 RS.

I like the C63 Black Series too, just not so much as the GT3 RS.

Good luck finding your new car!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
for DD - C63BS

for track - RS

Pros & cons for RS -
thing u never get tired of - manual tranny. but on regular bases i find the notchy shifter a bit of annoying for normal street use.

sound u never get tired of listening to - especially u got all the rev range to 8,000+ RPM. totally different sound than C63, which sounds pretty good anyway. they're just different.

good ground clearance if u have the axle lift option. otherwise the replaceable front lip works well than scraping paint off on the C63BS.

razor shape steering that MB can never touch. that, is one thing u never get tired of also.

poor rear view visibility due to big rear wing. big deal for street use because u can't see the cop that's coming behind u.

the wing, again, hate it on the street. makes u look like a poser driving around city with it. not to mention even worse if u get one with the red decals & wheel.

Pros & cons for C63BS -
looks cool. but it's for diehard AMG people. if u can have a choice for a track car, RS is the way to go.

i can imagine the BS will do everything better for DD than the RS. however, would it make sense to spend the extra $ over the regular C63 for DD? that's questionable.

i'm getting one just to see what the hype is about. but getting out of it while it's still hot. not a fan of typical MB depreciation. this car will not be an exception no matter how rare it is. half-glass-full people will think this is the best BS made to date. half-glass-empty people will think it is just a C63 with some cool body panels & SLS engine internals. it will not be a keeper for me.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 RS MK2 or 2012 C63 Black?