Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

First Drive: Mercedes C63 AMG Coupé Black Series - California screaming

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
C63BS Estate makes me wet.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
love the wagon!

Coupe price starting $105k + option. hmmmmm...

Old 12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Thats a Mean Looking Motherf***er

i want one in matte Black or the new Matte Grey

Old 12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished road
amg has always had the great engines but now it seems they are mastering the handling department too

Old 12-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Rocketman2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Our local Mercedes Dealer has been allocated one of these magnificent machines and I have been put in charge building this C63 Black Series monster. Does anyone know anything about the Track Package and wether it is worth the extra $. I am getting the Carbon Fiber package for sure and maybe the Aero Package. Any input would be appreciated

Old 12-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rocketman2
Our local Mercedes Dealer has been allocated one of these magnificent machines and I have been put in charge building this C63 Black Series monster. Does anyone know anything about the Track Package and wether it is worth the extra $. I am getting the Carbon Fiber package for sure and maybe the Aero Package. Any input would be appreciated
the Track Package consists of a set or tires & additional rear-diff cooler. that's $5,950 for just that. well, it should be pretty simple though. are u planning to track it? if u don't, i don't see the point of it at all. not to mention those Dunlop wouldn't last very long. or if u want that grip u can simply go with a set of MPS Cup or Pirelli Corsa System or wait for Rack to carry the Dunlop. basically u're paying for a big package tag for something that needs to be replaced soon. i wouldn't do it.

just to clarify, is this ur own car that u're speccing or u work at dealership that's getting a car & u're speccing for retail?

Old 12-28-2011, 12:12 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-19-2012, 04:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cream168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rocketman2
Originally Posted by 20C4S
the Track Package consists of a set or tires & additional rear-diff cooler. that's $5,950 for just that. well, it should be pretty simple though. are u planning to track it? if u don't, i don't see the point of it at all. not to mention those Dunlop wouldn't last very long. or if u want that grip u can simply go with a set of MPS Cup or Pirelli Corsa System or wait for Rack to carry the Dunlop. basically u're paying for a big package tag for something that needs to be replaced soon. i wouldn't do it.

just to clarify, is this ur own car that u're speccing or u work at dealership that's getting a car & u're speccing for retail?
As far as I know there is no carbon fiber package. My order comes standard with the carbon fiber mirrors, side skirts, front lip etc at no additional charge if that is what you're referring to. I did however add the track package and the aero package. I didn't really care about the tires on the track package because I will be replacing the wheels immediately but the rear diff cooler was my main focus since I am deciding to track the car. If you're not going to track the car, then you don't need the track package, those tires will last you less than a month on normal roads and they have zero traction in the rain. The only 2 options I was given for the car are those 2 options, everything else is standard, oh and you can also pay an extra $1000 if you don't want the titanium colored wheels and change them to matte black.

Last edited by cream168; 01-19-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by cream168
As far as I know there is no carbon fiber package. My order comes standard with the carbon fiber mirrors, side skirts, front lip etc at no additional charge if that is what you're referring to. I did however add the track package and the aero package. I didn't really care about the tires on the track package because I will be replacing the wheels immediately but the rear diff cooler was my main focus since I am deciding to track the car. If you're not going to track the car, then you don't need the track package, those tires will last you less than a month on normal roads and they have zero traction in the rain. The only 2 options I was given for the car are those 2 options, everything else is standard, oh and you can also pay an extra $1000 if you don't want the titanium colored wheels and change them to matte black.
Canada spec is different than US spec.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cream168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 20C4S
Canada spec is different than US spec.
Do the US get to have the AMG racing bucket seats? I wanted those but apparently they do not pass Canada safety inspections so I was forced to go with the normal C63 AMG seats with the red stitching, they're not too bad after I sat in a C63 coupe at the dealership since they were redesigned for 2012, the old C63 sedan seats I didn't like very much since they were a bit tight (I'm 6'2, 220lbs). You can also choose to do the back seat deletion or not, I figured since I had to get the comfy AMG reclinable seats, might as well go with all 4 seats.

Last edited by cream168; 01-19-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Quick Reply: First Drive: Mercedes C63 AMG Coupé Black Series - California screaming