Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

2012 CLS 63 deliveries in US?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Stewart, welcome to TS, I'd also love to hear your impressions on the CLS and how it stacks up against the B7.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Stewart W is an unknown quantity at this point
I look forward to sharing my experience(s)..hopefully sooner than later !I have thoroughly enjoyed the supercharged B7 ..I am anxious to compare the TT setup .I do think the CLS suspension technology will make the handling markedly better than the B7..I had an M6 before the B7 and I actually enjoyed the sedan much more..especially the transmission.At any rate..I will report asap..thanks for your interest..

Old 05-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Well..it seems I had a camera malfunction( forgot to charge it )..so much for the pics. I am trying to get pics from the GM at the dealership. General consensus is the car will be available around 6/10.
My launch edition CLS 63 AMG is due to hit ground 6/6.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! My dad is trying to find out info at Mercedes in Manhattan. Looking to trade in our QP-S for one. Seems like a very impressive car.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
I want one! Thats all I have to say about that.

PS I think the first gen CLS is prettier but this one still looks good.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
im looking at this car as well
if i do purchase, it will be from Mercedes of Manhattan (hands down THE BEST dealership buying experience)

Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bentleygtc1 is on a distinguished roadbentleygtc1 is on a distinguished roadbentleygtc1 is on a distinguished road
There are several cars in the US already at the port in Baltimore, they should be released any day.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
2012 CLS 63 AMG landed

Just got word my 2012 CLS 63 AMG ( launch edition) has landed in Brunswick ,Ga, MB is set to release her on 6/3..I suspect I will be posting pics on or around 6/6..

Old 05-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I am betting you will like your Amg better than the B7. I was always of the mindset that BMWs are the amazing, nimble driving machine and MB was the big heavy oaf. Well, when I was able to spend time driving an M6 and a CLK55, I was assuming no contest- m6. Well I am sure around the track that may be the case, but driving on the street both city and highway I had WAY more fun driving the 55 AMG. So much power, it sounded awesome and would pull like a freight train. Also really like driving the E55. Great cars
Hope your launch edition is awesome sir!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I am of the same mind..I love the B7 but expect this to be a very different driving experience...The car is smaller , the cockpit is designed around the driver and the technology in this car is amazing..I am getting very excited about it's arrival..Thanks for the post..

Quick Reply: 2012 CLS 63 deliveries in US?