Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Spied: Mercedes-Benz SLS Roadster!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by famoussas
I think it looks pretty good even with the convertible roof up.
This car looks like a penis.

Saw one on the road the other day - big penis on wheels. At least that's what my 5 year old son said.

Personally, not all cars should have their roofs taken off. This is one of them.

I bet they sell more of these than of the coupe.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks better as a coupé but I think I'd sacrifice that to hear the exhaust note with the top down.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Pics with the top down

Old 04-03-2011, 04:40 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Not a fan, rather have the coupe. If I want a roadster SL65 > SLS.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
. If I want a roadster R8 v10 cab>SL65 > SLS.
fixed it for ya

Old 04-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Without the Gullwing doors, this car is pretty much a $100k more expensive SL63, no?

Old 04-04-2011, 05:11 PM
BDP
Teamspeed Member
BDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Without the Gullwing doors, this car is pretty much a $100k more expensive SL63, no?
I don't think so. The SL63 and SL65 relationship to the SL550 reminds me of that between the Z06, ZR1, and base vette. To the auto enthusiast the differences are noticeable. To the average Joe your ZR1 is just another vette. With the SL63 and 65, your car looks nearly identical to the base SL550. So you truly don't get extra snob factor unless it's with people that know the cars.

The SLS on the other hand is a completely different auto. You can't get a new SLS for under $100k as you can with the SL. Nor can you get one under $200k. If someone sees you driving one they know it wasn't cheap. This may not matter at all to some people but if I was paying $150k+ for a car it sure as hell better not look like an $80k car.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Looks good, but as others have said the coupe > *

Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Spied today out on the ring testing:

Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Polouser is an unknown quantity at this point
More photos with top down...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spied: Mercedes-Benz SLS Roadster!