Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

2011 G55 AMG Arabia Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:30 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GroupB
Headrests and giant plaque are gaudy. Why do the German carmakers seem to assume that Arabs/Russians/Latins will buy the most gaudy crap they can think up, so long as it's expensive?
The way they market it ie limited, special, final

I wouldnt buy it because its ugly, it reminds me of the base G-class with black bumpers. If I was in the market for this car, I would paint all the black items in the car to white and change some of the white interior trim to piano black.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 02-08-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
When will they release RHD compatible editions?!
I am not sure, you can get them in the U.K in RHD if I am not mistaken

One more pic

Old 02-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Puke ugly

Old 02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
79 edition much better
but i though the 79 edition was for the middle east!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by SL55K
79 edition much better
but i though the 79 edition was for the middle east!
It is another middle east edition, more $ to be generated

Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Arabia edition? Why is it not gold plated?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
brabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant future
MeanMachine I personally think you car looks much better, put the one thing that bothers me about this, and also on the new c63 is the chrome lip on wheels, I feel like they should be completely gunmetal but maybe thats just me, I'm kinda over the time-attack style lips painted or otherwise,

and another you being a huge amg/mercedes fan has it ever bothered you with the lack of interior colors on MB/AMG cars, I know about the designo options but it seems like you have to go to such great lengths to get red or a nice brown interior compared to BMW

Old 02-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
79 > '70s looking Gwagen with black lowers Arabia edition

Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Makes it look more beefy and offroady, I kinda like it! But its got nothing on the 79 edition!

Old 02-09-2011, 05:09 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by brabusk8
MeanMachine I personally think you car looks much better, put the one thing that bothers me about this, and also on the new c63 is the chrome lip on wheels, I feel like they should be completely gunmetal but maybe thats just me, I'm kinda over the time-attack style lips painted or otherwise,

and another you being a huge amg/mercedes fan has it ever bothered you with the lack of interior colors on MB/AMG cars, I know about the designo options but it seems like you have to go to such great lengths to get red or a nice brown interior compared to BMW
I am not bothered with the interior options anywhere else than the U.S you can get whatever you want be it red leather,carbon fiber, alcantara etc. I agree with the pinstripe on the wheels hate it, I feel its an overkill.

Quick Reply: 2011 G55 AMG Arabia Edition