Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Matte Paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010 | 11:29 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Al E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond reputeAl E has a reputation beyond repute
Matte Paint

Can anyone elaborate on the ups/downs of the Matte Paint on the MB AMG?

Thanks,

Al E

Old 12-11-2010 | 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al E
Can anyone elaborate on the ups/downs of the Matte Paint on the MB AMG?

Thanks,

Al E
It's a pain in the ass to clean from what I recall reading and I've heard MB makes you sign something saying you won't wash it or have it detailed because it'll ruin the paint. Not sure how true that is, just going off of what I've heard.

Old 12-11-2010 | 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It's a pain in the ass to clean from what I recall reading and I've heard MB makes you sign something saying you won't wash it or have it detailed because it'll ruin the paint. Not sure how true that is, just going off of what I've heard.
It was BMW and their Frozen Grey paint.

Old 12-11-2010 | 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
You do get waxes for matt finishes, but polishing can be an issue. From what I have read, bird poo can be a problem to get out when it stains matt paint.

With such good matt wraps out, I would rather go that route if it was my kinda thing.

Old 12-11-2010 | 05:35 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I am about to get one in matte sometime soon, if you go for matte get the Designo Magno Alanite colour code 044

Old 12-14-2010 | 08:38 AM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
This question has come up on here a couple of times. I have posted a number of pictures of my Matte Silver CLK Black.

To be honest it holds up very well. I have over 16K miles on it including most on the track and I have been very happy with how well it has held up.

All you do is wash it. No polish or wax.

The only issue that one has is if it scratched you can not do anything about it and I was told to try and get water spots, sap and bird shit off within a day or two to prevent it etching into the clear coat.

Overall I have been very suprised with how well it has held up and the look is sick!

Old 12-26-2010 | 08:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I am about to get one in matte sometime soon, if you go for matte get the Designo Magno Alanite colour code 044
What do you think of the Matte Brown? I saw a couple in Dubai and they looked incredible

Old 12-26-2010 | 10:34 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Alot of myths here LBMA is correct all you do is wash it not wax or polish and you can not let the car sit out in direct sun for extended periods meaning all day not an hour or two as it can spot or damage the paint as well bird crap doesn't do well on it.

Old 12-26-2010 | 03:10 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
What do you think of the Matte Brown? I saw a couple in Dubai and they looked incredible
I dont like it on the SLS, if you mean Monza Grey.

Old 12-26-2010 | 03:39 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I think the matte colors have run their course.

Quick Reply: Matte Paint