Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

My C43 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AMH-AMG is an unknown quantity at this point
My C43 AMG

Hello all- I am new to this site and just wanted to post some pictures up of my AMG car.
These were taken the day the #1 Pads, H&R springs and Bilstein shocks went in, so its settled at least another inch or so all around.

Since these pictures, I have gone to the flat MB star on the hood, 30% tint, new grill and clear side lights and OEM C43 floor mats with silver pipping.

Last edited by AMH-AMG; 11-29-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:50 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forum, you've got a very clean W202.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! nice car.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks guys. Does this section have a dedicated pictures thread? I would love to see a pictures of MeanMachine's SLK55! Very nice ride indeed. As soon as my car hits 200k miles I am going to drop in a 5.5na motor. That is the whole reason I choose this car because the swap is turn key, you don't even have to change the ECU, just drop in bolt up and drive!

Old 11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMH-AMG
Thanks guys. Does this section have a dedicated pictures thread? I would love to see a pictures of MeanMachine's SLK55! Very nice ride indeed. As soon as my car hits 200k miles I am going to drop in a 5.5na motor. That is the whole reason I choose this car because the swap is turn key, you don't even have to change the ECU, just drop in bolt up and drive!
Yeah, with the 5.4 NA M113 you can get it to 400bhp easily with a set of bolton's, around 415 with camshafts. Good luck on the build.

You can view my car by pressing on my username, view all threads and find a thread called Kleemann K2 in the making.

I would suggest you to get the 5.4 Kompressor from the E55, with a pulley, camshafts and throttle body and headers your going to make crazy power.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
welcome sir...solid car

Old 11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Yeah, with the 5.4 NA M113 you can get it to 400bhp easily with a set of bolton's, around 415 with camshafts. Good luck on the build.

You can view my car by pressing on my username, view all threads and find a thread called Kleemann K2 in the making.

I would suggest you to get the 5.4 Kompressor from the E55, with a pulley, camshafts and throttle body and headers your going to make crazy power.
I would go 5.4K but the parts list needed for the drop in is closer to $20k! With the 5.4 NA drop in, I am looking at closer to $5k with install and turn key. However, a guy over at MBworld did the 5.4k and says its a monster but he is still working to get it running right after a year.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by AMH-AMG
I would go 5.4K but the parts list needed for the drop in is closer to $20k! With the 5.4 NA drop in, I am looking at closer to $5k with install and turn key. However, a guy over at MBworld did the 5.4k and says its a monster but he is still working to get it running right after a year.
Rational choice, makes sense nothing the less you'll like the M113.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
I have an M113 and I do love it! The engine in the C43 is the same M113 (Different bore and stroke) used for the AMG 55 NA cars. Thats why the 5.4 drops right in.

"The C 43 is powered by a tuned version of the 4.3 liter M113 V8 engine originally found on the W210 E430 model. After modifications this engine deliver 306PS (225kW) at 5'850rpm, up to 410Nm(302 lb/ft) of torque at 3'250rpm-5'000rpm (taken at the crank) and up to 241EHP at 6'320rpm measured at the wheels. According to Mercedes-Benz, the car can reach 155,5MPH (250 km/h), with electronic speed limitation and 181MPH (291 km/h) without.

Transmission is an AMG-modified version of the five speed automatic gearbox found on 1998-2000 R129 SL 500. Main modifications were made in order to achieve a more crisper and better adapted gearbox to higher-rpm upshifts. Also the braking system has been taken from the W210 E 55 AMG."

Last edited by AMH-AMG; 12-02-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
New pics from this weekend. New tint 35% on front 4 and 10% rear glass with no night sight issues.