Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Kleemann K2 in the making

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Kleemann K2 in the making

Hello guys,

I've kicked it up a notch with my car lately, ordered 19" HRE's M40 from WheelsBoutiqe and it takes 4 weeks to complete and arrive in Kuwait. 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rears.

I just sent my Ecu to Kleemann in denmark for a new tune, VMAX deleted in excess of 186mph or 300KMH plus. The car will have the Kleemann Supercharger on top of my other mods and I am looking for 525hp and between 518 torque. I've talked to Claus the CEO of Kleemann and said I wanted a higher boost setup and he will try his best to keep it in safety zone.

I am currently at 400BHP which is the same as the SLK55 Black series, now with the weight savings i've done like chuck out the resonator for a SuperSprint X pipe, remove the Spare tyre which is around 34lbs by itself, change out the heavy oem secondary catalytic converters for the Kleemann 200 cell 3" catalytics which weights less, remove the primary catalytic converters and the Kleemann headers; its going to be crazy.

The new HRE's weight much less than the oem 18" which are 26-27lbs front and 29-30lbs rear. The HRE's are 20lbs front and 21.5 lbs rear.

So I am hoping when they arrive I've reduced 3-3.5 kilos on each rim. I will definitely need a LSD, getting that later planning on a Quafie LSD its easier to install than the Kleemann one which is 60% locking and needs to be serviced change the oil from time to time.

Here is an idea how it will sound like, note: my car doesnt have camshafts not sure if it will sound different. I am not too keen on spending another 1,895 euros for camshafts that will cost a substantial amount to open up the engine for just 15hp.

YouTube - Kleemann Supercharged SLK55 built by GMP Performance

YouTube - SLK 55 AMG Kleemann S4.

Here is a photoshop that PorscheFanatic did for me, Thanks Felix

Cant wait for the car to have all of the stuff, installed I've paid for the S/C today and shipped the Ecu to Kleemann which takes 3 days to arrive, they re tune it and put it in the Supercharger Box and takes another 3 days to arrive here. I hope it wont take a lot time to get it out of customs, because I need this all finished before the 20th in which I plan to leave to London.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Mo, you're really going all out now with the SLK. Glad to see its being modded with the utmost taste. Looking forward to some shots of the car in London!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Not taking the car to London, not my type of place to ship the car rather use Public transport or walk as the weather is cool and i'd like to see the parks, sight seeing and so on. I will be travelling to London for vacation and I want to finish the car before I travel. The wheels can stay in my storage room at home and when I get back I'll install it.

Next modifications are the Leather Roll Bars and Quafie LSD, need to save up a bit

Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
This thing will be out of control! In for pics/vids.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by ljg
This thing will be out of control! In for pics/vids.
Current state:

YouTube - MeanMachine

YouTube - Monsters come out at night

Old 09-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
That car will look wonderful with those rims. Nice set of mods; that will be a monsta.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
That car will look wonderful with those rims. Nice set of mods; that will be a monsta.
Thank you, I wanted the supercharger for quiet sometime but with the lower Exchange rate and lower price its much more affordable especially to install and shipping. I want it for just the pleasure of driving the car compared to those who modify just to street race and whatnot.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Your SLK55 will look AWESOME with those wheels! Congrats man, she'll be a beast!

Enjoy the new mods in good health.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
whats wrong with the new gear that it doesnt handle any extra power?
do u have an idea what's the maximum power for the new SLK'S?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Lumma
whats wrong with the new gear that it doesnt handle any extra power?
do u have an idea what's the maximum power for the new SLK'S?
The new SLK R172 you mean, 3rd generation is expected to have a 4.7L Twin Turbo 500hp.

The gearing is quiet complicated and it doesnt handle excess of torque thats what I know otherwise the SLR would of had our gearbox.

Quick Reply: Kleemann K2 in the making