Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

SLS roadholding a disappointment? (video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to allRMcG is a name known to all
SLS roadholding a disappointment? (video)

This EVO track vid does not inspire confidence for spirited driving:

Mercedes SLS AMG on-track video | evo

Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry but I am not really impressed with the driving......

Old 07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
me neither, and i´m really surprised that the car has real problems to put the power down...

Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
Condor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enough
I am just about to order an SLS and I can tell you that this video makes me want it more for the following reasons;

1) The SLS is Not a Track Car.
2) The SLS is a Purebread GT! Made for superior road driving!
3) If you want a Track Car - Get a GT3.
4) The tail happy nature of the beast is why I absolutely love driving my C63 on the road. The C63 is a Crap Track car! Worse than the SLS and I love the C63 to Death.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Condor Man
I am just about to order an SLS and I can tell you that this video makes me want it more for the following reasons;

1) The SLS is Not a Track Car.
2) The SLS is a Purebread GT! Made for superior road driving!
3) If you want a Track Car - Get a GT3.
4) The tail happy nature of the beast is why I absolutely love driving my C63 on the road. The C63 is a Crap Track car! Worse than the SLS and I love the C63 to Death.
Condor Man,

I own a SLS and it handles much better than that video on the track.

1) No it is not a dedicated track car but as one you can drive on a daily basis, it holds its own very well for any street car. If your idea of a track car is a GT3 Cup Car then you might be a bit dissapointed in it's lap times.
2) Yes it is a GT but I have been very impressed with how much sports car DNA it has.
3) Sure or a few othesr :-)
4) When compared to a C63 or a CLK Black Series the SLS is not tail happy at all. The SLS is actually the most balanced AMG I have ever owned. The rear has an amazing amount of grip. Yes, you can throw it around if you want but it is very well planted and behaves quite well.

I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

Cheers!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
neversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond reputeneversleeps has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LBMA5820
Condor Man,

I own a SLS and it handles much better than that video on the track.

1) No it is not a dedicated track car but as one you can drive on a daily basis, it holds its own very well for any street car. If your idea of a track car is a GT3 Cup Car then you might be a bit dissapointed in it's lap times.
2) Yes it is a GT but I have been very impressed with how much sports car DNA it has.
3) Sure or a few othesr :-)
4) When compared to a C63 or a CLK Black Series the SLS is not tail happy at all. The SLS is actually the most balanced AMG I have ever owned. The rear has an amazing amount of grip. Yes, you can throw it around if you want but it is very well planted and behaves quite well.

I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

Cheers!
pics!?!?!

Old 07-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Member