Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

high rev's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nigoape1 is an unknown quantity at this point
high rev's

hi all u pro's out there.
i recently ordered a W212 E63 and now waiting it to arrving to the dealer
and i have one serious in mind and that is whether it is ok to give the car high rev's when its still new and not yet run in....as u guys know the old days many car's needs to be run it or been to the first service b4 pushing the car too harsh...thxs for yr advise...

Old 03-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
AMG recommends 12-1400 miles before you start flogging her. Stick to that plan.

Congrats!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
acvendel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nigoape1
hi all u pro's out there.
i recently ordered a W212 E63 and now waiting it to arrving to the dealer
and i have one serious in mind and that is whether it is ok to give the car high rev's when its still new and not yet run in....as u guys know the old days many car's needs to be run it or been to the first service b4 pushing the car too harsh...thxs for yr advise...
The first service will be at 2000 miles and is only to change out the trans. and dif. oil. I picked up my c63 in Jan and was told to wait until the car was up to temp (~175) before romping on it. The other bit of advice I have received from another c63 owner is that this engine eats a lot of oil in the first year. So, go to your auto parts store and get a couple of quarts and keep them in the trunk of your car.

Enjoy your new car!

AV

Old 03-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
The question of how to break-in an engine is discussed rather often. There's a school of thought that says 'do exactly what the factory tells you to do', and there are folks (experienced engine builders among them) who employ a pretty intense break-in that takes a few miles, or some dyno time, and has you ready to rock almost immediately. Proponents of the former point to the other systems of the car (i.e. it's not just about seating the piston rings), whereas proponents of the latter assert that their engines use less oil, and dyno higher.

As production techniques have evolved, I suspect it makes progressively less difference over time.