Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Pics a Plenty : 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Now that's the kinda car I'd want to show up to a club in...

Old 09-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
No it's not. It's heavy and has a semi-automatic gearbox.
yes it is.

see these synonyms.

enthusiast
noun fan, supporter, lover, follower, addict, freak (informal) admirer, buff (informal) fanatic, devotee, fiend (informal) adherent, zealot, aficionado

the mere fact that you post on this site and in this thread proves my point.

maybe you are a purist, but that doesnt work so much even in this case.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:29 AM
DFW
Teamspeed Junior Member
DFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished roadDFW is on a distinguished road
The technology under the skin is exceptional .... but then there's the exterior design.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry
yes it is.

see these synonyms.

enthusiast
noun fan, supporter, lover, follower, addict, freak (informal) admirer, buff (informal) fanatic, devotee, fiend (informal) adherent, zealot, aficionado

the mere fact that you post on this site and in this thread proves my point.

maybe you are a purist, but that doesnt work so much even in this case.
Doh, I thought you said a driver's car.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
I really like the front, and side. The rear needs work. It's just too plain in relation to the rest of the car. I do love the concept and would definitely roll in one.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
i really really want to like this car, but i just cant

Old 09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Octanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to beholdOctanemia is a splendid one to behold
It is beautiful in both colors.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DRM400 is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO, it looks best in silver from the front angles - not a fan of the car in red. The side view is okay up to the back of the door, but the overly-thick C-pillars cut too abruptly to the rear deck, unlike the graceful arc used on the original 300SL. Supposedly AMG didn't try to copy the the first gullwing, but if that's the case, why does the new front end retain such strong cues to the original? To these eyes the latter's greenhouse and bustle were far more pleasing than the Acura CL-like rear of the SLS.

I much prefer the looks of the new 458 - not even a contest for me. As for empirical performance data, I'm looking forward to a side-by-side shootout between the SLS and its competitors, including the 458 and the McLaren MP4-12C, among others.