Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Inside info... C63

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant future
Inside info... C63

To reinforce the successful launch of the all new 204 Series, Mercedes-Benz and
AMG are proud to introduce the most powerful and dynamic AMG version of the CClass
ever. The first C63 AMG vehicles will be released on April 15, 2008.
The C63 AMG is an important new product in our lineup since it marks the fifth
generation since the original AMG C-Class, the car that started it all in the United
States in 1995. It is also important to attract new customers to our brand seeking
unmatched performance and excellent value from the strongest C-Class AMG ever
offered.
Performance Highlights
· AMG 6.3 liter V-8 engine with 451 hp / 443 ft-lb
· 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds and 155 mph top speed
· Standard AMG 7-speed automatic with shift paddles and rev-matched downshifts
· Three-stage AMG ESP system (Normal / Sport / Off modes)
Product Highlights
· Exterior – unique C63 AMG bodywork – separate from the C Sport Sedan
· Interior - New AMG integral sport seats and racing-derived steering wheel
· AMG developed suspension system and 18 inch staggered width alloy wheels
· All C350 Sport Sedan equipment is standard plus split folding rear seat
· Simplified ordering (3 packages / 3 stand-alone options)
Pricing

·
MSRP $53,800 (without D&D)
This base price, combined with the superb driving capabilities of the C63 AMG
represents an excellent opportunity to attract new buyers who may not have yet
experienced the compelling performance of AMG and the Mercedes-Benz brand
experience.
Bernhard J. Glaser Robert F. Allan
General Manager, Product Management Product Manager, Exclusive Vehicles

Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
It's an awesome car, the interior is crappy though and i'd take an M5 over one if money wasn't a factor. If it was then obviously it's a bargain!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant futureJIMBO has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LABrit
It's an awesome car, the interior is crappy though and i'd take an M5 over one if money wasn't a factor. If it was then obviously it's a bargain!
Remember, that this isn't supposed to be a compete with the M5, rather, the M3...

Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
That is a whole lotta machine at that price-point, regardless on what its competition is going to be!!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
car seems little.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Member
Benzwiz is an unknown quantity at this point
The C63 is for real.
I just don't konw about the transmission.. not a double clutch and not a manual.
That's been the biggest detraction for me to get into an AMG. That, and the resale value sux ( which helps if you pick up a used one).

Old 02-28-2008, 11:18 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Since its closely priced to the E63 AMG, I'll take the midsize sedan over it. I am waiting for the next AMG E63 all new model, supposedly it has been rumoured it will sport twin turbo's and since I am a huge and very avid AMG fan I am loyal to the brand and hope to get it in the first two years of it introduction.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
seems crazy cheap for an Benz and an AMG at that, that price point is amazing in my eyes...I love the old c-class haven't been in a new one so I can't make and comments based on finish and space

Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
$85,000 MSRP for the E63... not too close.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Ya, not very close in price to the E63. 53k is a pretty strong price, but the interior does disappoint IMHO.

Quick Reply: Inside info... C63