Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

My slk55amg

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ but your P-car is still 1 Kajillion times cooler.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Why is that? What isn't there to like about the SLK55 AMG? It comes with a 360 hp naturally aspirated V8 engine, is a tremendously light and nimble car and has a hard-top convertible to boot.

A few mods and you can push the engine over 400 hp easy.

I would stack my SLK up against a lot of cars that cost twice as much.
Do the lambo doors make it faster?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Do the lambo doors make it faster?
No. But my TS sticker does!

Old 02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Barrister, you don"t strike me as the "customize the car with lambo doors" type of guy.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Barrister, you don"t strike me as the "customize the car with lambo doors" type of guy.
Oh! I'm all full of suprises!

I'll tell you something about those Lambo-style doors. After I finished all of th engine and cosmetic mods - sans the doors - I would take the B55S to various car shows and meets. Most people reacted with a "yawn" and understandably so. They didn't realize all of the mods I had done to it. I liked that "sleeper" car idea though. People would try to pass me on the street and I would hit it and be past them. But after I got those stupid doors - and I agree that they are pretty silly - everyone started to pay attention to my car. Then we would start talking mods and performance. Before I knew it, the car was in 2 major magazine articles and in Brabus print ads! It is how I got to know Claus Ettensberger so well and eventually meet Lewis Hamilton and others in his circle.

So, even though they are the cheapest mods that I have on that car, they opened a lot of doors for me. (nice pun eh? har har!).

Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
So, even though they are the cheapest mods that I have on that car, they opened a lot of doors for me. (nice pun eh? har har!).
Ha!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Oh! I'm all full of suprises!

I'll tell you something about those Lambo-style doors. After I finished all of th engine and cosmetic mods - sans the doors - I would take the B55S to various car shows and meets. Most people reacted with a "yawn" and understandably so. They didn't realize all of the mods I had done to it. I liked that "sleeper" car idea though. People would try to pass me on the street and I would hit it and be past them. But after I got those stupid doors - and I agree that they are pretty silly - everyone started to pay attention to my car. Then we would start talking mods and performance. Before I knew it, the car was in 2 major magazine articles and in Brabus print ads! It is how I got to know Claus Ettensberger so well and eventually meet Lewis Hamilton and others in his circle.

Did the lambo doors come with a 50cent CD that automatically cued up "In the club" every time you pull up to a restaurant?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
Infamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond repute
Nice looking SLK. good luck with it

Old 02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I love my SLK55 AMG, mine is a 2006 as well and I will have it for the rest of my life. I feel so connected to the car, its a wonderful car for its size and the power is addictive. I've added every bolton Kleemann part except the cams and supercharger. Lastweeks road tip on the way to Kuwait was done 181.35 mph with the topdown.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Did the lambo doors come with a 50cent CD that automatically cued up "In the club" every time you pull up to a restaurant?
Nice