Notices
AMG The Mercedes AMG Performance Model Only Discussion Forum.

Spotted in NYC---G63??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Spotted in NYC---G63??

I'm sorry guys, I was too slow with the cell phone for pics. But it was near Washington Square today and it said G63, with the 6.3 logo on the sides. I don't know if it was rebadged but it definitely sounded different.

I didn't even know they made G63's. Shit looked dooooope.

Anyone in the city know this car?

Old 09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Just did some research. It's Marc Jacob's car and it's here for Fashion week (which is sponsored by MB). Some people doubt that it's real because it says AMG on the side, but he claims it's real.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I highly doubt MB will ever release the 6.2L engine on the G-class because it lacks torque and is meant for the track variant mb models such as the SLK, C and CLK in most cases.

The G-class needs the 55K EVO M113 displacement for its 516 ft of torque other wise it will be pretty usless to have top range power in a car that has bad aerodynamics which is dangerous in speeds excess of 230kmh, thats why its electronically limited I assume.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
They did make 12 V12 6.3L G cars though.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ashokn225
They did make 12 V12 6.3L G cars though.
Yes, special order and limited in quantities.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
I've been told by someone who just tried to order a G63 that AMG said no. I have yet to call my people at AMG to see if I can make this happen for my friend but I'm assuming that there is no real G63 available for build/purchase.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
ollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud ofollie has much to be proud of
AMG will build a g63, but to special order only, i saw one in Dubai, it was a G63 V12, name is just luck that it is the same as the v8, not sure if they intend to put the 6.2 v8 in the g wagen, this pic is of another such car, price on the door... 260,000 euros!(around 370,000USD)

Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
So the 63 in the G, which you cannot order, is not the same as the 63 in the S and the E, that you can order? They have two completely different engines with the same name?

They might as well call them AMG My Little Pony, because it has just as much to do with the engine as "63".

I want one though.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
So the 63 in the G, which you cannot order, is not the same as the 63 in the S and the E, that you can order? They have two completely different engines with the same name?

They might as well call them AMG My Little Pony, because it has just as much to do with the engine as "63".

I want one though.

I believe it's a G which you were once able to order in years past (before the launch of the AMG 6.2 V8)

Old 09-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
the v12 6.3 only made 444hp (3valve per cylinder)

Quick Reply: Spotted in NYC---G63??