Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Uninstalling Lion...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Uninstalling Lion...

Anyone know how to uninstall Lion...

Can't seem to figure it out...

thanks for reading

Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a time machine backup prior to the 10.7 upgrade, you can restore to it.

Else, you'll have to nuke and pave the machine and install from 10.6 media, assuming the machine supports it.

If it's a brand new machine with the thunderbolt bus, and it came with 10.7 out of the box, it is difficult to install an older OS on it, and thunderbolt will not work if you do.

Not sure why you't want to do that and effectively remove yourself from the update path, but...

Old 10-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
esthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond repute
I'm curious as per what a bunch of you guys seem to not be liking about it...?

Personally, I'm absolutely addicted to it, primarily due to new found multitasking abilities via the ability to create multiple 'desktops'.

Last edited by esthetique; 10-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
This didn't help

Last edited by Speed888; 10-03-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Speed888
This might help
That pertains to the pre-release beta on a separate partition, and has no bearing on a system installed directly to Lion or upgraded from 10.6.

As to Lion itself, it does have a few things that "aren't quite finished yet", to be kind, but it's a major release. Once 10.7.2 is released, the majority of the current issues will be solved.

The major changes in workflow in some of the apps can easily be reverted to their previous behaviors if you prefer them that way (I certainly do with Mail, etc).

Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
^I'll try agin

I not a mac user but I'm sure you will find something useful in here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/

Old 10-03-2011, 01:04 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
The new expose is great but my Safari is much slower.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Why get rid of it, just tame it....

I'll get my coat...

Old 10-03-2011, 01:39 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
That pertains to the pre-release beta on a separate partition, and has no bearing on a system installed directly to Lion or upgraded from 10.6.

As to Lion itself, it does have a few things that "aren't quite finished yet", to be kind, but it's a major release. Once 10.7.2 is released, the majority of the current issues will be solved.

The major changes in workflow in some of the apps can easily be reverted to their previous behaviors if you prefer them that way (I certainly do with Mail, etc).
THanks for this and the other post...I assumed it was not an easy uninstall..why would it be...

Lion is great but there are bugs and it freezes up on certain websites (Teamspeed for example) using Safari or Chrome...

Oddly it seems to be running just a bit slower too...I even ran a virus check last night but nothing was found.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Control It
Lion is great but there are bugs and it freezes up on certain websites (Teamspeed for example) using Safari or Chrome...
You can thank Flash for that. Try installing click2flash.

Oddly it seems to be running just a bit slower too
Nothing odd about it. There were changes to Spotlight and Safari that generally make both work much better/faster, at the expense of increased ram usage.

Open activity monitor (Apps -> Utilities) and click the "System Memory" tab. Take a look at "Page ins", "Page outs", and "Swap used". If those numbers are large (say over 500 MB), you may want to consider installing some more memory.

Further, if you look at the process list and order by "Real Mem"or "Virtual Mem" you will see what is sucking up the resources. Almost certainly Mail, Safari / Safari Web Content and mds (spotlight).

Quick Reply: Uninstalling Lion...