Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Anyone heard of MacRecycler.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone heard of MacRecycler.com

It says they refurbish macbooks and then sell them on ebay. I am looking for a new laptop to be the teamspeed, interent, occasional MS word laptop and they have an air for 700 shipped. Would you guys go for that or does it sound like a bad deal. 1200 reviews on ebay and all are good.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
I posted a link in the Gadgets Deal of the Day thread (Electronics/Gadgets subforum) that has the 11.6" MBA for $850 shipped brand new.

Never heard of MacRecycler, though

Old 04-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a friend that sells newer refurbished MB Pros, all with a fresh install, and they come with an AppleCare warranty; all for about $1k, maybe a little bit more. The same Mac would be ~$1400 or more walking out the door of an Apple Store. Let me know if you want his contact info.

EDIT: I have one of these myself (typing from it right now), and just bought one for my lady a few days ago. I used to work with him at Oakley, and I will vouch for him.

Last edited by SoCal; 04-07-2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
I realize this thread is a month or so old, but figured I'd add my two cents; if you insist on buying a used mac try to get one from the apple refurbished website. That way you get an essentially new machine (usually current gen) with standard warranty for a couple hundred off.

Most of the time, used macs sell for far more than they are worth, especially on eBay. Case in point, I recently sold an original 5 year old MacBook locally for $450, and that was below market value in my area. I saw similar machines going for as much as $525 on eBay.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Hm. Missed this the first time around.

There are a number of outlets for used or refurbished Macs. Most are reputable, though you get what you pay for. One thing to not is that you WILL NOT get any sort of Apple warranty on a machine purchased from anyone not Apple.

I've personally done business with PowerMax in past, with good results.

The Apple Refurb Store is a good way to get a deal, as was said, and those machines are warrantied.