Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Apple is now officially evil

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
desmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
The difference between apple products and windows is that apple products dont freeze your system everytime you want to open more than one at a time. Unless you want to buy a billion dollar system.
As someone who has a fairly new (less than a year old) Macbook Pro a Windows system that is about a year older than the Mac, I can't 100% agree with you here. I do a lot of heavy dev work on my Mac, and if I decide to fiddle with Photoshop while having Eclipse open the Mac complains. A lot. I don't have that problem with my Windows box.

That's not to say that the Windows box is without problems, because it most certainly is not. I'm just saying that they equally suck. But in different ways. In fact, I can't even decide which system I like doing engineering work on more and which less. Because they both have certain features that I absolutely love, which the other either lacks or has in a really cumbersome way.

However, this is . More to the point, Apple is evil. As is pretty much every for-profit company out there. Including the one I work for!

Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
zbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to allzbaums is a name known to all
It just blows my mind when people suggest that Apple, having invested galactic craploads of capital into the iPhone platform and infrastructure, should just let the whole thing run as some utopian "anything goes" fever dream. There's a reason the iPhone experience is the best one out there, and Apple's management of the app methodology is one of them.
I agree with your point. Apple makes great products and they spend close to 80% of their revenue on research and development. SH*T if GM spent anywhere close to that kind of money and made products anywhere close to the quality of an apple product, I'd gladly pay 20% more for it.

I think it's a good thing - I'm hoping that it deters a lot of wannabe developers from creating crap like 2/3rds of the apps in the market today. The best purchasable apps are the ones that cost a lot of time and money to create - I hope it stays that way.