Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Finally going iMAC for Desktop

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:30 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by clemson3
I got my MBP back in the summer, and I can't stand even getting on a pc anymore. Apple is where it's at. Such good machines.
Agreed!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Have had the iMAC for a little two weeks. Can't believe it took me this long to go to the dark side. Went to my first One on One 3 days ago. The product, the sales experience and support is second to none. Love it. AAPL is where it is for a good reason. Just wish I bought more stock years ago but not complaining.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Does the Apple Store transfer your files for you? How much is that service?

Old 02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Does the Apple Store transfer your files for you? How much is that service?
Yes they do, it might be free if you get applecare with your purchase. I'm not entirely sure though.

My parents are about to buy an iMac for their new desktop so they're going to have to go through this transfer process. My mom luckily already has a MBP so she'll know how to navigate around Mac OS.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
For $99 they do and it comes with a year on One on One time. Believe me it is worth it. They do a great job of putting the files in the proper places on the IMAC for you and when you pick it they will show you where everything is. In addition, they do a great job of setting up your computer pretty well. You can always change it but at least you know they have done a lot of the set-up for you already. Best $99 you will spend

Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
arash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished road
Let me know if you run into any issues. You're probably minutes away from me.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
arash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished roadarash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IIVVX
what a dickhead, neg rep coming your way
I promise I'm not, but I probably deserved it for the sarcasm anyway...

Old 02-25-2011, 06:53 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Have had the iMAC for a little two weeks. Can't believe it took me this long to go to the dark side. Went to my first One on One 3 days ago. The product, the sales experience and support is second to none. Love it. AAPL is where it is for a good reason. Just wish I bought more stock years ago but not complaining.
Welcome to the DARK side.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I purchased a 13' MacBook little over a years ago. Only issue is my employer (DoD) only uses PCs…I sometimes get a little mixed up between work and home. Anyone else out there have to use two OSs daily?

Old 04-03-2011, 10:50 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by akiruno
I purchased a 13' MacBook little over a years ago. Only issue is my employer (DoD) only uses PCs…I sometimes get a little mixed up between work and home. Anyone else out there have to use two OSs daily?
Most all Mac users that are not in art/media have to use two OS's daily. Windblows is still much more prominent in the corporate world.

Quick Reply: Finally going iMAC for Desktop