Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

What Apple must do to stop the iPhone 4 bleeding

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Yeah, iPhone 4 sales really seem to be hurting. What a disaster . . .
Heh.

In all honesty, other than obsessing over the number of bars, I don't think this flaw has really affected my usage of the iPhone4. The phone still sucks balls in areas with a weak ATT signal (not Apple's fault other than not signing with Verizon to begin with...grrrr) and still works fine in high signal areas. I don't think I have lost any more calls with the phone than my 3G. Of course, the fact that I drop calls AT ALL kills me (thanks ATT)...but I still like the phone so much more than a BB.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I agree Al. Verizon would be great. I live in the home of Alltel's headquarters, also CDMA and acquired by Verizon, and our state is covered with phenomenal Verizon service.

On the other hand, the iPhone through AT&T works essentially everywhere. My 16-year-old daughter just face-timed me from a Starbucks in London a few hours ago. So awesome, and something she couldn't do with any other phone, including a CDMA version of the iPhone (no service abroad). Terrific to get to see her while we talked to her, and for her to see and talk with her little brothers! And it worked perfectly.

So no complaints here.

The iPhone4 is just way better than anything else out there. Period. At least for our needs.

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 07-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
The older generations aren't exactly beacons of reception either. Unlike every Nokia and Sony I've ever had, iPhones simply don't work at ALL in cars with dual pane glass.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
What I'm amazed at are peoples TOLERANCE of the reception issues; even going as far as to defend it- tooth and nail -Saying
"this issue is being blown out of proportion."
What's OUT of proportion is paying the premium you do, being treated like Apples doing YOU a favor for making such a device, and yet it's SUPPOSED to be a damn PHONE. A PHONE.

The bag phones of days gone past had more consistent reception then iPhones.

While there is no argument from me that its superior in it's functionality; the 'phone' aspect shouldn't even be a topic in 2010. It's just plain ridiculous. And any of us (including myself) who wants one and is willing to 'put up with' a few dropped calls a day-

we need to get our heads examined. Logically it makes no sense.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Apple needs to get off its ****ing high horse and fix this damn problem. The antenna problem is real because it happens on my goddamn phone. If I had any viable choices, I would have purchased something else like an HTC. But work requires me to use either this iPhone shit or a BB (Apple was the lesser of 2 evils for me).
I bought a stupid case and I still lose all but one bar of signal strength. "Hold the phone differently". I'll give you something to hold, Steve Jobs.
it's not just the phone. Check your POS network. Apples F'd up by getting sucked into At and t

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
What I'm amazed at are peoples TOLERANCE of the reception issues; even going as far as to defend it- tooth and nail -Saying

What's OUT of proportion is paying the premium you do, being treated like Apples doing YOU a favor for making such a device, and yet it's SUPPOSED to be a damn PHONE. A PHONE.

The bag phones of days gone past had more consistent reception then iPhones.

While there is no argument from me that its superior in it's functionality; the 'phone' aspect shouldn't even be a topic in 2010. It's just plain ridiculous. And any of us (including myself) who wants one and is willing to 'put up with' a few dropped calls a day-

we need to get our heads examined. Logically it makes no sense.
this times 10.
anyone that settles for a POS phone so they can play with Ap's needs to be committed. I own a cell phone for 2 reasons. Cell phone and my office emails. I don't need 1000 Ap's I need a phone that won't drop calls.
My sister switched almost a year ago and 50% PLUS of my conversations with her drop. I just stopped calling her on her cell phone I've got better things to do. Funny thing is they can't even talk on their Ijunk at their home. WTF why even have the crap then.

Apple get a real network first....fix the antenna second.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
+1 to what Mark said.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to be on my 9700

Old 07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Well, we will see what apple has to say tomorrow at the press conference.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Yeah......It's actually very interesting to see what happens ;o)

Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bronto
Well, we will see what apple has to say tomorrow at the press conference.
"Hi, I'm Steve Jobs"

*frantic applause from the crowd*

"This is our amazing new iPhone *random guy yelling "we love you Steve"* with this great new phone we've tried to continue a long standing Apple tradition: the typical iPhone trademark of having the crappiest reception bar none of any cellphone. And we're real excited to announce that we've succeeded once again! Isn't that great? It does look nice though!"

*standing ovation*

"Bye!"

*sound of crowd Apple-gasming*

Quick Reply: What Apple must do to stop the iPhone 4 bleeding