Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Macbook Case Cracking

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Macbook Case Cracking

Anyone ever had issues with their Macbook case starting to crack. I've never dropped mine or even set it down all that hard but the case is starting to crack here and there. Anyone ever experience similar. This is an 07 White Macbook.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
If you bought the Applecare protection plan, take it to the local Mac store and they will fix it for free.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
JScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enoughJScott81 will become famous soon enough
Mine has cracked in 2 places; one at the bottom corners where the tops shuts on once on the top about 2 inches to the left of the camera. My screen is also cracked a little under the camera as well. Need to take it in to get fixed but it is my work/personal computer and need it right now. I actually had the whole case replaced once but it needs it again. Wish I would have waited and got the new aluminum one. Applecare will cover it all though and takes about 30 minutes to fix if they have everything there. Pain in the butt to get scheduled though.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The outside 2mm or so of the casing has cracked and broken off on mine. Doesn't bother me much, just makes it a bit uncomfortable to type on, but most of the time its linked to an external monitor anyway.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond reputeNotSoMiniC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rico
The outside 2mm or so of the casing has cracked and broken off on mine. Doesn't bother me much, just makes it a bit uncomfortable to type on, but most of the time its linked to an external monitor anyway.
I have the same problem but it is about an inch and a half long........Googled it and found out the apple protection plan should cover it. I am going to head by my local apple store and see if the plan will actually cover it.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
The entire edge area around my keyboard is cracking. It is good to know that the Apple warranty covers this. Has anyone ever actually taken their white MacBook in to see if they will fix this free of charge?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
They'll fix it free of charge usually in an hour or so.